Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths Curriculum

Options
  • 30-05-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Does anyone know whether asymptotes are on the course? I've seen some past questions on them, they always come up with differentiation. But I checked the curriculum and can't find anything. Thank you so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

As you said there is nothing specific in the curriculum but it is no harm looking at them briefly as they can get around this by scaffolding the question in a certain way. You can be asked about continuity and limits of those types of functions, (which is how we find asymptotes). You can be asked to differentiate those functions (using a quotient rule).

So I wouldn't worry too much about them, the fact you are asking shows you have some knowledge of them and if asked, the things above that are on the syllabus would help you solve the question.

Advertisement