Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!

Options
  • 30-05-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

My laptop wont start , everytime it turn it on a blue screen comes on and says error code 0x0000225 it says I need to use installation disc, I don't have any installation discs don't know what to do, can anyone help (not very computer savvy!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What Operating System ? Windows 7, 8.1, 10 ? Did this just happen out of the blue or were you re-installing your system ? Try tapping F8 after you turn it on to see if you can reach the boot options then choose Safe mode if available or opt for the command prompt.

Some machines have a recovery partition, Dell for example provide one that's accessed by pressing F11 at startup. It'll depend on which system you have.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you get a blue screen on startup you should probably take it to a professional.
    Did you install anything recently that may have caused this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks like a bootloader error. A "Startup Repair" should fix it, as zener mentioned check the machine for a recovery partition. It should contain the Windows recovery tools including Startup Repair

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Try to start it up in safe mode. When your booting up press the F8 key and there should be an option to boot in safe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

tried to go into safe mode just brings me back to the same screen with error code its running windows 8

• Advertisement
Advertisement