Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwelcome visitors grrr

Options
  • 30-05-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I know it's a poor pic but anyone got any idea what the **** these are? And should I be worried? I'm sick of looking at them.. i dont want to have to burn the house down if i can help it lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Looks like a daddy long legs to me. Totally harmless. You could probably get some bug spray in a hardware shop if they really bother you that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

Either a daddy longlegs or a very spindly spider, can't tell from viewing the pic on my phone. Harmless either way. Live and let live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Harvest spider, I think?

<mod snip - link provided some suggestions that cross the line to cruelty>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Daddy long legs "Crane fly" .. Harmless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

A harmless spider, I have several of them in my place at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Spiders = Less flys

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

foggy_lad wrote: »
    A harmless spider, I have several of them in my place at the moment.

Unless they start paying rent there not welcome :) I must of sucked up six of them tonight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Unless they start paying rent there not welcome :) I must of sucked up six of them tonight..

Spiders are worth having around the house.. They prey on stuff that can actually harm you but do no harm themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Spiders are worth having around the house.. They prey on stuff that can actually harm you but do no harm themselves.

I never in a million years would of guessed they wore associated with the daddy long legs.. Creaky as **** the way there made

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

mickwat155 wrote:
    I know it's a poor pic but anyone got any idea what the **** these are? And should I be worried? I'm sick of looking at them.. i dont want to have to burn the house down if i can help it lol

Cellar spider. Completely harmless. They like old warm darkish places, bathrooms especially. A hoover will do the trick nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Harvest spider, I think?

Jeez - that has some horrible ****e in it. Spiders are great things to have in a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

They are the spindley-est of arachnids.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

. A hoover will do the trick nicely.

Can't they easily crawl back out of it again?

All spiders in Ireland are harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

They're Cellar spiders and they're everywhere at the moment. Unpleasant due to amount but I usually just hoover up the most of them and leave one or two of the smaller ones. They eat House spiders... the bigger, thicker, worse looking spiders. I've currently got a Cellar spider running around above my window. I've named it Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

mickwat155 wrote: »

Those spiders are deadly. But only if you're a fly/mosquito/other spider. I find they are more common in winter when it's cold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Harmless & quietly hoover up all unattractive creepy crawlier you may have lutking in cracks & under skirting boards - they're seasonal so should be gone in a while. live & let live - you don't want to be killing them or poisoning yourself & damaging paintwork with sprays. You can also chase them out a window with a long piece of cardboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Tbh after reading about them, for the sheer fact that they prey on those bastarding house spiders that are everywhere come autumn, I'll be keeping these fellas around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note
    I think the OP has had plenty of advice at this stage. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement