Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer not capable of install at my house

Options
  • 30-05-2016 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi, was meant to have eir installed today tv, phone & bb. It was a disaster. The technician didn't have a clue. My house has hidden wires all connected to a hub downstairs. Always had UPC until now no phone line. Eir says there is a connection when they test the line so builders/electrician must have done this originally. Engineer that came to install eir today didn't have a clue and when I told him about the hub ( on the phone) he didn't know what I was talking about and he tried to connect via a internet port socket ( I have several around the house). Naturally this wasn't connected so he claimed wire was "broken" ?? I wasn't there so just getting a report from person who was there. He claims he has to drill a hole and bring a black wire up the front of my house!! He didn't even open the hub apparently. I didn't realise this till I got home -over the phone I thought he understood about the wireless house. Am I wrong in thinking this is an easy install via the hub and no wires are required?! And I was told I'd have to wait another week for another appointment. I am Also being charged for a mobile that I haven't even connected yet. Disgraceful 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

lyoness wrote: »
    Hi, was meant to have eir installed today tv, phone & bb. It was a disaster. The technician didn't have a clue. My house has hidden wires all connected to a hub downstairs. Always had UPC until now no phone line. Eir says there is a connection when they test the line so builders/electrician must have done this originally. Engineer that came to install eir today didn't have a clue and when I told him about the hub ( on the phone) he didn't know what I was talking about and he tried to connect via a internet port socket ( I have several around the house). Naturally this wasn't connected so he claimed wire was "broken" ?? I wasn't there so just getting a report from person who was there. He claims he has to drill a hole and bring a black wire up the front of my house!! He didn't even open the hub apparently. I didn't realise this till I got home -over the phone I thought he understood about the wireless house. Am I wrong in thinking this is an easy install via the hub and no wires are required?! And I was told I'd have to wait another week for another appointment. I am Also being charged for a mobile that I haven't even connected yet. Disgraceful 
    Hi lyoness, 

Apologies for all the confusion with your order. 

I wouldn't be aware as to what is required to get you up and running however if you PM me your details I'll clarify this for you and look into the billing options too.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement