Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB Website

Options
  • 31-05-2016 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to submit a dispute on the above site for about an hour. Has anyone successfully managed to do it?

I gather that one has to create an account. I did that, notwithstanding the annoying three-step authentication at log-in. But post-login the only page available is the "manage my account" page, together with an FAQ page. The log-in opens a new window and when I return to the main site it says that I am not logged in. If I click 'main site' in the new login window it's the same thing. The 'submit a dispute online' page describes the requirements for a valid submission, but doesn't specify exactly how to submit a dispute.

A really horrible site that seems specifically to have been designed to frustrate. I eventually gave up and emailed the documentation to a disputes email address obtained from the "contact us" page. It is the most frustrating experience I have had with a website this side of the year 2000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

They are a fecking joke so they are... The sites as dim as those working there.. From what I remember is you keep login in and eventually it will work. You submit it but nothing as such pops up to say this has worked and it takes them a few days to reply. best thing is to keep trying then ring them to make sure it is being progressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Just FYI it's now the RTB and the website is rtb.ie

They dropped the P a while back for some reason.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

athtrasna wrote: »

Approved housing bodies aka housing associations now fall under their remit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just FYI it's now the RTB and the website is rtb.ie

Their title was changed in the 2015 act to the Residential Tenancies Board because they now deal with some public tenancies as well as some private tenancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Milly33 wrote: »
    They are a fecking joke so they are... The sites as dim as those working there.. From what I remember is you keep login in and eventually it will work. You submit it but nothing as such pops up to say this has worked and it takes them a few days to reply. best thing is to keep trying then ring them to make sure it is being progressed

Thanks. Rang them today. They confirmed they had received my documentation but said that the dispute couldn't be added to the system until I filled out a dispute referral form, even though all the information required by the form was in the documentation that I supplied to them. The person I was talking to didn't express any surprise when I said that the online submission route hadn't worked.

I have now filled out the form and sent it back to them with the documentation. My spidey sense detects further problems ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Have to agree so difficult to do the basics on the site. Had trouble registering a tenancy the other day as landlord had duplicated and I couldn't remove one-the online support was great though, able to message one of the staff and they were able to sort it while I was still logged in.

It might be the RTB now but they haven't made much effort in removing the P from their own website, even the web address is still prtb as well as talking about the PRTB on the main page, they've just stuck a new logo for RTB on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great you got something sorted out with it.. Keep at them as from dealing with them they are completely scattered..No one seems to no what the procedure is there... best of luck with it...

Advertisement