Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 31-05-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

I was banned for making a joke about a poster having 10 accounts on this site. This was obviously an exaggeration.
    But the poster has admitted to being a re-reg http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99887685&postcount=141

Surely this makes my month ban way too severe as a punishment?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You picked up a yellow card for that post. The ban was as a result of an accumulation of cards during the current season

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who issued the card?

Once you confirm you have exhausted that avenue a Sports CMod can have a look at the yellow card if you still wish to appeal it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Beasty wrote: »
    You picked up a yellow card for that post. The ban was as a result of an accumulation of cards during the current season

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who issued the card?

Once you confirm you have exhausted that avenue a Sports CMod can have a look at the yellow card if you still wish to appeal it
    Yes they said it stands & that I could dispute it in this section. I would like to appeal my ban.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yes they said it stands & that I could dispute it in this section. I would like to appeal my ban.
    I will deal with the yellow. If I uphold that yellow the resultant ban stands. If I overturn it you revert to 3 accululated yellows during the season and the 1 month ban will be lifted (but another yellow this season and it would be re-instated). That's the way the Soccer Forum totting up process works.

I will deal with the yellow. If I uphold that yellow the resultant ban stands. If I overturn it you revert to 3 accululated yellows during the season and the 1 month ban will be lifted (but another yellow this season and it would be re-instated). That's the way the Soccer Forum totting up process works.
    Ok .

From the Soccer Forum Charter

Speculation about whether a user is a re-reg is a yellow card offence. If you think there is an issue with someone being a re-reg then report it to a mod and if action need be taken it will be. Otherwise, keep your speculation to yourself.

This is exactly the same thing you were carded for last time. The fact the poster may have subsequently admitted to being a re-reg is irrelevant. At the time you were openly speculating which is against the forum charter and teh relevant sanction (a yellow card) was applied

• Advertisement

From the Soccer Forum Charter

This is exactly the same thing you were carded for last time. The fact the poster may have subsequently admitted to being a re-reg is irrelevant. At the time you were openly speculating which is against the forum charter and teh relevant sanction (a yellow card) was applied
    Yes but it was a joke. Fair enough a warning but a yellow resulting in a ban is still harsh. I know I was previously carded & was foolish to make the joke again but I had honestly forgotten about it.
    I would also question why the poster in question reported the post considerinh he then admitted to being a re-reg. I would also wonder why did he re-reg in the first place also?

I am not in a position to say whether a post was reported let alone who may have reported it if it had been - that's irrelevant to the appeal. Likewise you are now attempting to speculate why the poster may have re-reg'd here. That's none of your business unless the poster openly acknowledges their reasoning

You seem to accept "a warning" which is what you received for that post. I've already mentioned the forum totting up process triggered your ban

I am not in a position to say whether a post was reported let alone who may have reported it if it had been - that's irrelevant to the appeal. Likewise you are now attempting to speculate why the poster may have re-reg'd here. That's none of your business unless the poster openly acknowledges their reasoning

You seem to accept "a warning" which is what you received for that post. I've already mentioned the forum totting up process triggered your ban
    Yes but I was banned previously already. I would think I would need more than just 1 warning to recieve another ban?
    It makes no sense to me why a poster would be offended by calling them a re-reg even though they admitted it days later.
    Also are my previous cards not now void since the season has ended?

Season runs from August to July for this purpose.

Reading the forum charter is a prerequisite for gaining access to the Soccer forum and the totting up process has been around for a long time (certainly predating the setting up of your account).

The rules are there to deal with posters who repeatedly flout the rules and looking at your overall record in the forum you are one of the worst offenders.

I would suggest you be more careful with your posting in the future as if you are not you could find yourself permanently banned from it due to your overall record, irrespective of the totting up process.

Season runs from August to July for this purpose.

Reading the forum charter is a prerequisite for gaining access to the Soccer forum and the totting up process has been around for a long time (certainly predating the setting up of your account).

The rules are there to deal with posters who repeatedly flout the rules and looking at your overall record in the forum you are one of the worst offenders.

I would suggest you be more careful with your posting in the future as if you are not you could find yourself permanently banned from it due to your overall record, irrespective of the totting up process.
    I don't think that is true at all. If you look at my warnings many of them are borderline cards to put it kindly.
    For example I got a card for this
    So just because I support a club that hasn't done as well as Chelsea recently I can't take joy in there crisis of formconfused.png They have a classless manager & are a classless club

The fact the mod was a Chelsea fan was the only reason this resulted in a card. I was accused of trolling just because I dislike Chelsea.

• Advertisement

So can my ban be reduced considering the card I mentioned above is very unfair. If its worthy of a card you could be giving out about 20 a day.

It's not "unfair". You were carded for exactly the same thing previously but did not learn your lesson

Card upheld and ban stands

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As there has been no appeal to an Admin I am marking this as Resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement