Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beans Online

• 31-05-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

My favourite bean shop (Ponaire) has moved location ...

I was picking up up my favourite espresso beans instore for €6!

So I am now looking online to try some other roasters but they are not cheap?!?

Can anybody recommend a decent bean supplier?

Thanks!
    Keith.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You know Ponaire do online also! I buy a 1KG bag from them usually, free delivery and arrives the next day roasted to order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

J_E wrote: »
    You know Ponaire do online also! I buy a 1KG bag from them usually, free delivery and arrives the next day roasted to order.

I do indeed yes ... I was just going to try out the competition but they don't really compare on price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Ponaire seems to be the cheapest option, although
    you could try
    https://www.bailiescoffee.com/
    ( free delivery for 2 x250 bags or more), Belfast based
    or
    https://badgeranddodo.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

+1 for Badger & Dodo. I usually order 2 x 1KG.
    As the order is over €50 it qualifies for free delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I used them for my last order. Found them good to deal with and lovely beans it has to be said.

Putting another order in this week as it happens so another +1 for them

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest would the sealed bags of beans keep fresh over time?
    4kg would do me 2+ months

Thanks all tried 3 different bags of espresso beans for €25 delivered from Badger & Dodo

Been 2 years grinding Ponaire's European Blend (could not recommend more btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Just saw Bell Lane are doing free delivery on all orders of 1kg or more for the month of June. Code FDJUNE16

No affiliation - used them before and really liked the beans. Shipping was a bit pricey, so the code above helps.

Just saw Bell Lane are doing free delivery on all orders of 1kg or more for the month of June. Code FDJUNE16

No affiliation - used them before and really liked the beans. Shipping was a bit pricey, so the code above helps.

Thanks for that. Was going to go badger and dodo again this month but picked up a few bags here instead out of curiosity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What did you go for? I have had the Dragonfly and House Blend - both good. Thinking of going for the moondust next time :)

• Advertisement

What did you go for? I have had the Dragonfly and House Blend - both good. Thinking of going for the moondust next time :)

500g 1 €10.46
    Dominican Republic Single Origin
    Weight: 250g 1 €7.89
    Ethiopian Sidamo Single origin
    Weight: 250g 1 €6.81
    Monsoon Malabar AA Single Origin
    Weight: 250g 1 €7.22
    Dragonfly Espresso
    Weight: 500g 1 €11.05
    Subtotal: €43.43 (ex. VAT)
    Shipping: Free Delivery

I should mention they're not all for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

keith_d99 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest would the sealed bags of beans keep fresh over time?
    4kg would do me 2+ months

2kg lasts me just over 1 month and there was no drop off in quality from what i could taste.

2kg lasts me just over 1 month and there was no drop off in quality from what i could taste.

I go through about 250g a week at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Glebee

Free delivery seems to work for all quantities using that code, or maybe im missing something....

Ordered the Dragonfly, heard good things but the postage before was a bit pricey. I have a yearly sub with Badger&Dodo and I really like there beans.

Advertisement