Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 HDMI Port broken

Options
  • 31-05-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads

As above i seem to have a broken HDMI port. Thought it was the lead at first but have now broken 3 leads because the port is messed up!

Anybody know the average cost of replacing one of these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

I dont think you can get the hdmi port replaced as its part of the motherboard(could be wrong though). do the hdmi cables stop working on other devices or do they just not work on your ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

vex wrote: »
    I dont think you can get the hdmi port replaced as its part of the motherboard(could be wrong though). do the hdmi cables stop working on other devices or do they just not work on your ps4?

Just the ps4. Yea the HDMI is definitely part of the motherboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

have you tried resetting the graphics on the ps4, by holding the power button until the console beeps 3 times?

I got mine fixed for 90 up in omni park in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Give console repairs a call out in bray he does loads of hdmi ports, the first ps4 released had no support so you pushed in the pins at back of port new ones have been renforced and that's what he will replace it with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement