Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hytrol

Options
  • 31-05-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, can anyone tell me if Hygenia's "Hytrol" weedkiller is likely to become inactive with age?
    Mixed up a knapsack full to the recommended rate and sprayed a plot of ground, along with path edges etc. That's two weeks agoand it has had no effect whatsoever.
    Date of manufacture was Sept.2009.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone tell me if Hygenia's "Hytrol" weedkiller is likely to become inactive with age?
    Mixed up a knapsack full to the recommended rate and sprayed a plot of ground, along with path edges etc. That's two weeks ago and it has had no effect whatsoever.
    Date of manufacture was Sept.2009.
    Thanks in advance.

Is it powder form, if so from memory no it doesn't, although I also recall it's a residual emergence weedkiller, i.e. it's purpose is to kill weeds that are germinating, not established weeds.

Edit to say: a quick google search says it Contains: Glyphosate 9.6% w/w and Metamitron 14%w/w, so yes it would appear it's ineffective in your case.

Advertisement