Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray North Roundabout Traffic

• 31-05-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

I avoid the north roundabout unless I'm driving out of town or returning late.

Once I get onto the Main Street after the lights at the crossroads there is very little traffic and you can get quickly from there all the way up past the main street.

Where is the traffic going? I presume anyone living west of the Main Street would take the turn off by the little church off The N11

The first set of Main Street lights and the ones at the Dargle Bridge seem to be what is backing up the traffic all the way back to the N11 turn off.

Would a solution be to let traffic through the road by the DArgle leading to the Harbour for those heading to the seafront, East Side Bray area? It would divert a lot of traffic down that way.

Or a new road coming from the Northern roundabout and heading towards the sea and down behind Corke Abbey along the Dart line to the Harbour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Or another bridge across the dargle from somewhere near Egans centre to the herbert road.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I don't know why people don't take the fassaroe exit instead of bray north if going towards seafront. No traffic until you hit sunnybank or the dargle bridge.

Also the new road going from Dublin Road down to the 2 new schools was granted planning permission by An Bord Pleanala

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/244874.htm

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

foxy06 wrote: »
    I don't know why people don't take the fassaroe exit instead of bray north if going towards seafront. No traffic until you hit sunnybank or the dargle bridge.
    I agree, that exit seems to be seriously underutilized. Massive queues in the evenings for the Bray North and South exits, but very little at that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Alun wrote: »
    I agree, that exit seems to be seriously underutilized. Massive queues in the evenings for the Bray North and South exits, but very little at that one.

Surely its because the traffic crawls between the Bray North to Bray south Exit anyway. You then get to the lights at the Sunnybank and the traffic is so bad you might not manage to join the castle street flow through a Traffic Light cycle or two. Or you take the lower Dargle Rd and no one will let you join the flow at the Bridge.

I very rarely drive at peak times anyway, so correct me if I'm talking through my ear, but that would be my theory anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Calibos wrote:
    Surely its because the traffic crawls between the Bray North to Bray south Exit anyway. You then get to the lights at the Sunnybank and the traffic is so bad you might not manage to join the castle street flow through a Traffic Light cycle or two. Or you take the lower Dargle Rd and no one will let you join the flow at the Bridge.

I disagree. Yes there is heavy traffic from bray north to fassaroe exit but nothing compared to trying to get past windsor and then dublin road. There is very little traffic at the dargle bridge/lower Dargle Rd, maybe a bit more at sunnybank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Or another bridge across the dargle from somewhere near Egans centre to the herbert road.

I had thought that as well Barry but those living up Herbert Road etc would probably take the Herbert Road off the N11 anyway.

So you'd only be dividing that traffic and reducing N11 traffic moreso.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I had thought that as well Barry but those living up Herbert Road etc would probably take the Herbert Road off the N11 anyway.

So you'd only be dividing that traffic and reducing N11 traffic moreso.

I think there probably needs to be a traffic survey to work out destinations as I wouldnt have made the assumption at all that most people go that way.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I think there probably needs to be a traffic survey to work out destinations as I wouldnt have made the assumption at all that most people go that way.

There should be a survey.

I never see too many people take that right but yes a bridge over the Dargle would be a good addition.

I'm surprised, considering the number of people coming into Bray between 4 and 6.30 that people aren't up in arms.

Advertisement