Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to run new connection to cabinet beside house?

Options
  • 31-05-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I have a very frustrating situation where the cabinet next to my house has been enabled for eFibre but my house for some reason has not and Eir will not explain why.

The cabinet is quite close to my house and I can arrange access directly from my house to the cabinet without having to cross roads or other people's gardens etc. If I was building a new house I could get a completely new connection so what is the process and cost involved with getting a new connection for an existing building?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

tvc15 wrote: »
    I have a very frustrating situation where the cabinet next to my house has been enabled for eFibre but my house for some reason has not and Eir will not explain why.

The cabinet is quite close to my house and I can arrange access directly from my house to the cabinet without having to cross roads or other people's gardens etc. If I was building a new house I could get a completely new connection so what is the process and cost involved with getting a new connection for an existing building?
    Hi tvc15, 

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to avail of our eFibre service. The service is subject to availability and not all customers will be able to get the service I'm afraid. There are many factors as to why the service is not capable, each house is individual for the service depending on a line test.
    Feel free to PM me your landline details and I'll clarify this for you. 

If you where to build a new house we wouldn't be able to advise if we can supply you with the eFibre service until your line has been installed and working so we can test it. No internet service is guaranteed by ourselves unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Hi tvc15, 

I'm sorry to hear you are not able to avail of our eFibre service. The service is subject to availability and not all customers will be able to get the service I'm afraid. There are many factors as to why the service is not capable, each house is individual for the service depending on a line test.

If you where to build a new house we wouldn't be able to advise if we can supply you with the eFibre service until your line has been installed and working so we can test it. No internet service is guaranteed by ourselves unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey, my line is not eFibre enabled but my adjacent cabinet is active and my neighbours phone numbers are showing as fibre enabled.

You might not be able to guarantee service but what are the costs involved in a new connection?

Hi tvc15, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks Tracey, my line is not eFibre enabled but my adjacent cabinet is active and my neighbours phone numbers are showing as fibre enabled.

You might not be able to guarantee service but what are the costs involved in a new connection?
    No problem, I have your PM there so will clarify this with you shortly. 

A new line installation has no charge with us, it's free. Once the line is installed it can be tested for the service, if the line is capable then eFibre can be ordered. There is no charge for the connection of this, you will be billed for the package price. 

Thanks

Tracey 

A new line installation has no charge with us, it's free. Once the line is installed it can be tested for the service, if the line is capable then eFibre can be ordered. There is no charge for the connection of this, you will be billed for the package price. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks, unfortunately Eir are saying the line cannot get eFibre for whatever reason so I wonder what the situation would be involving installation of a new line at the property, I am assuming Eir don't normally install new lines for free where there are existing lines in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks, unfortunately Eir are saying the line cannot get eFibre for whatever reason so I wonder what the situation would be involving installation of a new line at the property, I am assuming Eir don't normally install new lines for free where there are existing lines in place
    No, this would not be normal procedure  tvc15,
    Can you PM me your existing account number and I will check your address.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

-Pamela 

Pamela, I previously sent you my details by PM but you said Eir wouldn't give me any further information on why I couldn't get broadband as I was currently a Vodafone customer. Is this still the case?

-Pamela 

Pamela, I previously sent you my details by PM but you said Eir wouldn't give me any further information on why I couldn't get broadband as I was currently a Vodafone customer. Is this still the case?
    Hi tvc15, 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi tvc15, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks for the PM, so basically you are still refusing to tell me why my line won't get broadband which is fine, you also say a new line won't be guaranteed broadband which is also fine. But since I live less than 200 meters from an efibre cabinet it might be worth my while taking a chance that broadband would be available on a new line so I can actually work from home.

I am willing to spend my own money if necessary to get a new connection so who do I have to contact to get a new connection to the my house?

Hi tvc15, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks for the PM, so basically you are still refusing to tell me why my line won't get broadband which is fine, you also say a new line won't be guaranteed broadband which is also fine. But since I live less than 200 meters from an efibre cabinet it might be worth my while taking a chance that broadband would be available on a new line so I can actually work from home.

I am willing to spend my own money if necessary  to get a new connection so who do I have to contact to get a new connection to the my house?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to advise of the exact reason as to why you can't get the eFibre service, there are many factors that can prevent this. You may not be connected through this cabinet beside you. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can avail of a standard broadband service according to our testing however as you are with another service I wouldn't be able to guarantee this information. We have restricted access due to this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The sales team on 1800 503 303 would be able to process this for you but as previously advised it would not be guaranteed for any internet service. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to advise of the exact reason as to why you can't get the eFibre service, there are many factors that can prevent this. You may not be connected through this cabinet beside you. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can avail of a standard broadband service according to our testing however as you are with another service I wouldn't be able to guarantee this information. We have restricted access due to this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The sales team on 1800 503 303 would be able to process this for you but as previously advised it would not be guaranteed for any internet service. [/font]

Just to be clear, you went to check which cabinet I was connected to from the network team but came back and said you wouldn't do that for a Vodafone customer, not because the data was unavailable. The service at my house is less than 1Mb so under no reasonable definition is it broadband

My question still stands, who do I contact to find out how I get a new connection to the house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Just to be clear, you went to check which cabinet I was connected to from the network team but came back and said you wouldn't do that for a Vodafone customer, not because the data was unavailable. The service at my house is less than 1Mb so under no reasonable definition is it broadband

My question still stands, who do I contact to find out how I get a new connection to the house?
    Unfortunately due to data protection tvc15 we would have limited visibility to the details of your line.
    Our sales team can check this for you, You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them on-line here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/
    Alternately should you wish to request this from another provider they should also be able to check this for you.

-Pamela 
    Should you wish to 

Advertisement