Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie Closed?

Options
  • 31-05-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

Tried to check out the dabs.ie site the other day and looks like they've closed shop.
    What other dabs like sites are out there from an Irish perspective?
    Hope it's not time to get back to Komplett only.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Elara
    Pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I just bought a new build from Scan. Only a few euro dearer than the Europeans but I got it super fast (2 day delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You shouldn't limit yourself to Irish website domains, most of them aren't actually based here. Dabs, for example, was a UK operation, Komplett is Dutch I think. Elara are based here, but their prices are usually terrible.

I use Overclockers mostly, prices are just OK, sometimes good, but their customer service is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Elara
    Pixmania

Jaysus, do you light your cigars with €100 notes? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭brevity

I've bought from computer parts Ireland with no issues.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You shouldn't limit yourself to Irish website domains, most of them aren't actually based here. Dabs, for example, was a UK operation, Komplett is Dutch I think. Elara are based here, but their prices are usually terrible.

I use Overclockers mostly, prices are just OK, sometimes good, but their customer service is excellent.

Yeah used them in the past when the euro used to be worth something.
    Same with amazon.co.uk but lately amazon.de seem to have better prices for some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

brevity wrote: »
    I've bought from computer parts Ireland with no issues.

http://www.computerpartsireland.com

Apart from the scandalous prices..and i mean scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Another longitme Overclockers customer here. Pricing as above is meh, but customer service is top notch. Few RMA procedures I had to go through were absolutely painless.

I'm a big fan of Amazon also.

I'm picking up a new GPU and Monitor when I finalise a decision once AMD stuff arrives onto market, but it will likely be bought from Overclockers or Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Dabs4business is still operating. I have ordered stuff off them. Dispatched Thursday arrived Monday with UPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Overclockers and Amazon UK have been my go to sites for both price, choice of items and service for the last few years.

I have no idea how Elara are still in business! Seriously, who the fcuk buys from them, their prices have always been insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Venom wrote: »
    Overclockers and Amazon UK have been my go to sites for both price, choice of items and service for the last few years.

I have no idea how Elara are still in business! Seriously, who the fcuk buys from them, their prices have always been insane :eek:

Bit hit and miss with Elara. They can sometimes be cheaper than Dabs, Amazon etc. Items over €50 should have free P&P. Sometimes it's the P&P that puts you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Speaking from usage of UK retailers as I'm in the UK; overclockers are poor on price equivalence. Almost everything they carry can be bought cheaper from scan, amazon, etc. I've found that Overclockers "sale" items to be consistently "normal" price elsewhere as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭brevity

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Apart from the scandalous prices..and i mean scandalous.

I bought a few pieces from them and they seemed reasonable. I shopped around and was constantly on PC part picker as well.

Advertisement