Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre rollout

Options
  • 31-05-2016 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I have a general query which I can't find the answer to here, so apologies if it has been answered. 
    According to the planned rollout website, there are blue lines representing Fibre cable being rolled out in various places. One of these fibre cables is passing my front gate. Does this mean that at some stage in the future I may have FTTH available to me? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi, I have a general query which I can't find the answer to here, so apologies if it has been answered. 
    According to the planned rollout website, there are blue lines representing Fibre cable being rolled out in various places. One of these fibre cables is passing my front gate. Does this mean that at some stage in the future I may have FTTH available to me? 
    Hi Fireball14013, 

This would suggest you can avail of the FTTH service however the map is for illustrative purposes only and may not always be correct. 
    I'm afraid the service would need to be installed first before we can test your line and advise accurately.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

Hi Fireball14013, 

This would suggest you can avail of the FTTH service however the map is for illustrative purposes only and may not always be correct. 
    I'm afraid the service would need to be installed first before we can test your line and advise accurately.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for the reply. I understand that it's early days alright, but I was just wondering what the approximate plan is. Going by the map and in my area in particular, it does look like the blue lines have followed a logical path to cover the majority of the dwelling house clusters, so I'm guessing that it's probably correct for my particular house. So hopefully I'll be able to go from my current 2.6mb download to a decent FTTH service within the next 3 years anyway!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Fireball14013, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for the reply. I understand that it's early days alright, but I was just wondering what the approximate plan is. Going by the map and in my area in particular, it does look like the blue lines have followed a logical path to cover the majority of the dwelling house clusters, so I'm guessing that it's probably correct for my particular house. So hopefully I'll be able to go from my current 2.6mb download to a decent FTTH service within the next 3 years anyway!
    Thanks!
    Hi Fireball14013,

What area are you in? I'll check for the latest update in your area if you wish. :)
    Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee if you will be able to avail of this service until it is active in your area.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fireball14013

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks! I'll send you a PM with the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks! I'll send you a PM with the details.
    Thanks  Fireball14013 :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement