Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approx Childcare Costs - After School Only

Options
  • 31-05-2016 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of going back to work in September / October this year. I have been a Stay-at-Home Parent for 5 years. We have 2 kids who will be 10 & 7 by then.

I will need a Childminder 4 days a week from 2.30pm/3.15pm (depending on day) until approx 6.30pm. I will need the kids collected at the school. I will provide their food.

I just want an idea of a Ballpark figure of what the going rate might be - I am in Leinster but not in Dublin.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

5 euro an hour seems to be the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Sorry for not replying sooner. Is this €5 per hour per child or in total ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

5 euro per hour per child but most people/places will give a sibling discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I use a creche for this service and pay 20 euro per child per afternoon. One thing to consider is what you will do on days off school and mid terms etc. I'm lucky in that my creche take the "afterschool" kids for those days - 30 per child per full day. Connacht area.

Advertisement