Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Upgrades?

Options
  • 31-05-2016 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm buying a 1070 and 1440p monitor soon and wondering if anything else in my current rig will hold it back.

CPU: 4690k
    PSU: Corsair VS Serie VS550
    MOBO: MSI Z87-G43, ATX, Sockel 1150
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800U CL10-10-10-27

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Nope. Nothing. If you really wanted to you could add another 8gb of RAM. You won't need it though.
    You have an SSD in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Nope. Nothing. If you really wanted to you could add another 8gb of RAM. You won't need it though.
    You have an SSD in there?

Great thanks. I have a 250gb SSD and will probably upgrade to 1TB later in the year. Would going to DDR4 RAM be worthwhile or would that mean having to get a new MOBO as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Would going to DDR4 RAM be worthwhile or would that mean having to get a new MOBO as well?

a new MOBO and CPU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Would mean a new motherboard and a new CPU, not worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

There's no point doing iterative upgrades - invest in top quality peripherals - it always makes the machine seem better.

If you have money for a 1TB SSD, a CPU and a Mobo the money would be much better spent on a 1080 instead (for gaming).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mechanical keyboard ;)

Advertisement