Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freezing video - advice needed

Options
  • 31-05-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

i have 20 minutes of video footage on sd card, when i insert into my laptop the video plays via windows media perfectly, i copied it across to my laptop harddrive and it freezes at the 4 minute everytime and just stops and starts.
    I thought it was a one off but have copied it now 4 times and freezing at same spot on all copies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try running it using another video player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭kincaid

yes same story but still plays perfect from sd card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

mate upload the whole thing to youtube as a private video and that will sort it out automatically then select download as mp4 no messing around required regards brian

mate upload the whole thing to youtube as a private video and that will sort it out automatically then select download as mp4 no messing around required regards brian

thanks, only it takes hours here to upload anything to you tube, only getting 2mb -3mb speed most of time then just go down altogether,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Maybe your computer isn't powerful enough to play the video properly.

• Advertisement

its playing it ok when insert the sd card direct into laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I had a similar problem when playing videos from a GoPro. They would play fine when camera connected via USB or when SD was inserted in computer. But when I copied them to desktop, they would either freeze or lag. Never found out why - just learned to live with it :o

Advertisement