Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home exchange in Ireland

Options
  • 31-05-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hopefully this is the right place to post this question.

I'd like to holiday in Ireland this summer, but with cost of accommodation etc being so expensive, I thought it would be a good idea to do a house swap with another family (we'd like to go to Galway and I'm sure there must be a few families who'd like to spend a week or so in Dublin this summer!!).

All the home exchange sites I can see though seem to be mainly for international home exchanges. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website /forum for Irish home exchanges please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Yintang wrote: »
    Hopefully this is the right place to post this question.

I'd like to holiday in Ireland this summer, but with cost of accommodation etc being so expensive, I thought it would be a good idea to do a house swap with another family (we'd like to go to Galway and I'm sure there must be a few families who'd like to spend a week or so in Dublin this summer!!).

All the home exchange sites I can see though seem to be mainly for international home exchanges. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website /forum for Irish home exchanges please?

As you said most sites are aimed at the international market. I see daft have a home swap forum that seems to be for Ireland only.

An alternative could be Airbnb. I know not house swap.but you could find somewhere you want to stay in Galway and put your own home in Dublin up for the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thousands will be doing it in tents OP, do you really need a house? Or see if you can rent or borrow a caravan somewhere.

Advertisement