Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social media, old coworker.

Options
  • 31-05-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

resolved, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Sorry to hear about your work problems.

Two things:

1) You are in a new job. I know it can be difficult when experiencing a bad work situation but you are out of that now. Move on. Don't let comments by former work colleagues affect you now. You are still going over things that happened in your old work place. At this stage none of this matters as you are gone. Move your thinking forward and enjoy your new work situation.

2) It is your Youtube account. Just delete the person's comment. You don't have to reply and you can make your own choice what you allow on your social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

Yeah, you are of course, completely right. Maybe I just needed to spill it all out and now I will forget it? lol

It is just making me feel so bad about myself. I know it's all rubbish, but this isn't secondary school where girls are bitches to each other. It is meant to be the professional world. This person is a huge bit older than me, at that.

I know I need to let it go, I am just angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

If it was me, I would forget about it. A bad situation/person is like an energy vampire. It sucks your energy and good feeling out of you.

I would be radical in the cut/separation I make because it is for my own good (mentally and physically). If you still have a salary/payment issue to solve then just do it in a professional way (doesn't matter if the other side doesn't, you can uphold your own standards) and deal with it through the appropriate channels (if it is a legal situation let your solicitor deal with it, if it's just a procedural problem that takes time just deal with the HR-Payroll until it is resolved).

Main thing is: look forward on don't waste precious energy by being angry. That just saps you and there's no point to it. The sooner you start moving your thoughts in a different direction the better you'll feel. That's my experience anyway. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

All you can do for now is move on, you've left the company and this new job is new chapter for you. Is the person who everybody hates part owner or something that even management are afraid to say anything. If they haven't paid you contact them about this, re the video you could take it down, or can you delete the comment this person made on your video. How did they know you had a you tube account, is it something specific to the area you work in? It sounds like they are just trying to rile you up which is best avoided.

done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Re the wages, visit Citizen's Information, and see if they'll make a phone call to the store pointing out their legal obligations. Sometimes this changes people's tune. They can also give you some more ideas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

You need to get your p45 and give it to your current employer, otherwise you're going to end up paying emergency tax. If you are owed a lot of money keep at them. Have a look at this link on citzens information http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/leaving_work_without_being_paid.html
    Just read on this link http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/no_p45_no_p60.html
    if your employer won't give you your p45 you can contact your local tax office and they can contact your previous employer

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Threaten them with constructive dismissal and see how quickly they pay you....

To be honest I had never even heard of that before, wow... Thank you for all your replies. I know you're all right and maybe I just needed to hear it from someone other than my own mind. I was beating myself up, thinking I brought it upon myself.

Thank you.

Also, the reason they seen it is because it was on my facebook, where they had added me ages ago when I first started. I am not deleting anything or hiding what I made just because one person doesn't like it... Then they win.

I feel so much better, thanks all.

I will be visiting citizens advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Do you mean that your ex-coworker has you as a friend on Facebook? Unfriend and block them immediately.

It is a very bad idea to have colleagues on FB. LinkedIn is for professional networking, FB is for social life. And please tell me you have your FB settings set to 'friends only'.

• Advertisement

Diziet wrote: »
    Do you mean that your ex-coworker has you as a friend on Facebook? Unfriend and block them immediately.

It is a very bad idea to have colleagues on FB. LinkedIn is for professional networking, FB is for social life. And please tell me you have your FB settings set to 'friends only'.

Yeah, I have already. It wasn't a office environment, it was a practical job. Lots of people adding each other, especially as most of the staff is young. But lesson 100% learned.... Will not be going there again. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

You don't need your P45 from a previous employer when starting a new job to avoid being on Emergency Tax. Phone your local Revenue office (get the number by entering your PPS number here) and let them know that you have moved jobs and wish to have your tax credits and cut-off points transferred to the new employment. You will need to have your new employers' tax registration/employer number to hand when making the call, so you can get this off them (or it should be on your payslip if you have received one by now).

You don't need your P45 from a previous employer when starting a new job to avoid being on Emergency Tax. Phone your local Revenue office (get the number by entering your PPS number here) and let them know that you have moved jobs and wish to have your tax credits and cut-off points transferred to the new employment. You will need to have your new employers' tax registration/employer number to hand when making the call, so you can get this off them (or it should be on your payslip if you have received one by now).

Yeah I have done that and all so hopefully will be ok :)

good news is, I got the payroll side of things sorted!!

I feel like it is done now and I can move on. Thanks for letting me vent, it helps a surprising amount! haha :)

Horrible situation for anyone to be in.

Advertisement