Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Belarus, Turners Cross, Setanta, 7.45

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

eagle eye wrote: »
    You'd hardly bring Messi when he isn't even eligible to play!!! :D

Its not true, he had a disagreement with O'Neill in a Travelodge breakfast buffet in 2004 whilst playing for Total Network Solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Clark was man of the match.

Are you having a laugh Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Christ, they really are leaving the squad announcement until the very last minute...

• ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Christ, they really are leaving the squad announcement until the very last minute...

Setanta were really trying to squeeze McLean in the interview at the end. Pretty much asked him if he was told he was going or not but he obviously avoided the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Westwood got in over Forde. McGeady and Murphy in too

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Achtung! Bono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hard to take someone with a username hulk hands seriously if you ask me ...

Good man Brian Regan, did you register in 09 with the brilliant username by any chance? It's an outdated movie reference alright though, must change it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's been very well touted in the media at this stage about Westwood pulling out of certain squads for one reason or another, and general unreliability around the camp. Whether he's in the right or wrong, O'Neill clearly has concerns about it. Hard to take peoples opinions about his inclusion seriously when they haven't even heard of the above

I'm sorry for the stupid comment I made re you're username but you can't go around saying you can't take peoples opinions serious based on some conjecture you've heard that may or may not have happened the only solid information we have on Westwood is that he refused to play for Sunderland because he had the flu so O Neill had to ask Mignolet to play with a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Went to the game tonight. Surprised to see all the negative reaction to Christie's performance tonight. The 42.IE gave him 4 out of 10!? I must have been watching a different game? I thought he was one of Ireland best players out there. First half anything good came from either himself or MC clean. He was practically the inly one willing to take players on or make forward runs beyond their defence...our best attacking option in the first half was our right back. The amount of times.MC geady hungb him out to dry was unbelievable. Jogging back. Not tracking runs. Ball watching. Not covering when Christie went forward. He along with Gibson were the two worst out there. Awful awful performance. No wonder Sheffield Wednesday sent him packing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Went to the game tonight. Surprised to see all the negative reaction to Christie's performance tonight. The 42.IE gave him 4 out of 10!? I must have been watching a different game? I thought he was one of Ireland best players out there. First half anything good came from either himself or MC clean. He was practically the inly one willing to take players on or make forward runs beyond their defence...our best attacking option in the first half was our right back. The amount of times.MC geady hungb him out to dry was unbelievable. Jogging back. Not tracking runs. Ball watching. Not covering when Christie went forward. He along with Gibson were the two worst out there. Awful awful performance. No wonder Sheffield Wednesday sent him packing.

Ya, it was nice to see him take people on. That's all well and good but he was a bit braindead in defence. Couldn't defend 1-on-1s etc. which was worrying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement