Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to share rent in Limerick (Raheen area)

Options
  • 31-05-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong Board. Myself and another lad recently got jobs in Regeneron and are looking for people to house share with. Is anyone interested or can anyone point me towards a website/forum where we could find people to live with? Also I've contacted Regeneron about setting us up with other people starting, however as part of their policy they did not want to give out personal information of others so we are left to search alone. PM me for any other details/craic etc. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Daft.ie - Houseshare
    I would recommend you look in the areas of Raheen, Dooradoyle & Mungret
    They all are very near where you are going to work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Live in the city and get the bus or cycle in and out. Raheen wouldn't be the most exciting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your working in Raheen then it does make perfect sense to live in the nearby suburbs so that you don't need to spend money or depend on public transport every day getting to and from work. Living in the city centre is all fine if it suits your circumstances and/or point of view but it's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Looking at daft there isint much options. The Ard aulinn one looks good if you got an extra tenant to lease it out. Nice looking house.

Personally I never liked Raheen and moved closer into town. Its a bit souless out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Raheen may be soulless but it's also quiet and walking distance from Regeneron. In my opinion most of Mungret is not an easy walk at all, though a new estate, Mungret Woods, might be somewhat better. Anyway Daft.ie does have options in Raheen now and none in Mungret.

If you are ok with 30 (give or take) minute walks or have a bicycle, Dooradoyle is also an option. It is one step closer to the centre than Raheen. You can realistically walk to work *and* walk to the centre for night life from Dooradoyle if you're ok with this sort of walks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

A lot of the recent starts with Regeneron are renting in Castletroy for the next few months. (mainly those with their own transport).
    With the Students away on holidays the rents are very cheap until mid September and it's an easy drive by Motorway to Regeneron.....about 10/15 minutes depending on where you are in Castletroy.

Unfortunately there has been practically no new housing built in the Raheen area since the downturn despite the fact it's probably the one side of Limerick where people are looking to rent either rooms or houses (with the Industrial Estate and the Hospital constantly taking on fresh staff).

Advertisement