Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live chat software

Options
  • 31-05-2016 9:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm trying to find software suitable for group chats - something that administrators can control, save transcripts and so forth. The group component is essential for the users (anon user ID). I'm going through the list below, but so far, none offer group options. Any ideas?

https://blog.crazyegg.com/2015/11/05/top-live-chat-software/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hipchat

It depends on if you're hosting the app yourself or want a server in cloud anyone can join and log in to

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks. Don't need audio, video voice. Just text and no direct messages. I've found a few more group type ones through Google, will see what else is out there.

Is this something a web developer could build from scratch or integrate if there was suitable software?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not something a dev would do when there are so many apps out there.

Please specify your requirements, it'll make it easier to find what's right for you.
    Number users
    Budget
    Hosting
    History limits
    etc
    etc

Advertisement