Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay rise but not happy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

davo10 wrote: »
    You are right, thing is that I don't see any of those in the op's posts, he/she just said there was a promotion and extra responsibilities. Maybe TheDoc is telepathic?
    Fair enough, my reply to you was in reference to TheDoc's post.

Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I dunno, I would suspect that a significant percentage of employees who avoid redundancy are relieved to have a wage and to be able to pay their mortgage and support their family rather than having to sign on.

No need to suspect. That is pretty accurate. So not sure why it's relevant.
    You are only worth what the market will pay you, if a company is in trouble then that might well be below market rate but there is absolutely nothing stopping you from taking a job somewhere else that pays more, I'm certain some of those who were made redundant would be more than happy to take the job.

Again, stating the obvious here. But the OP needs to be careful not to slip into that cycle whereby he/she has described " a promotion" and not receiving tangible benefits that were implied.

There is a certain assumption here made by what the OP has typed, but it was outlined "pay rise has not materialised" indicating one was outlined, but is not forthcoming. OP can clarify, I'm just going off what OP posted.
    I'd like to think that a person such as yourself would be among the first to be let go, a struggling company needs a good, motivated workforce to survive.

I was made redundant from my last job. So I don't know, pat on the back for yourself? I won't go into the depths of my specific redundancy, but safe to say that it was an extremely positive thing for me. And I had a new job a few weeks after in an improved situation. No hard feelings and it was all amicable. Wasn't very by the book, but I was flexible, for a struggling company, in allowing them to get my salary of their books.

Would take exception to your assumption I'm not motivated or hard working. But I'm not going to attempt to justify myself to some randomer on the internet. Comfortable with my work and performance and the level I operate at.
    You are right, thing is that I don't see any of those in the op's posts, he/she just said there was a promotion and extra responsibilities. Maybe TheDoc is telepathic?

Again, OP mentioning pay rise not materialising, indicating there was some specifics outlined. OP can clarify.

OP also mentioned company is struggling for years, doesn't take a genius to work out what's going on here.

Advertisement