Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD RX 4xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just installed an RX480 to replace my R6950 but my monitor stays in power save mode and wont come on. Press in keyboard, mouse or shutting down and restarting does not solve. Fan is on in card so must have power and monitor is picking up digital signal. Any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Plug your monitor into the onboard graphics. Its possible you need a bios upgrade to take the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Glebee wrote: »
    Just installed an RX480 to replace my R6950 but my monitor stays in power save mode and wont come on. Press in keyboard, mouse or shutting down and restarting does not solve. Fan is on in card so must have power and monitor is picking up digital signal. Any ideas???

Yup Mobo Bios upgrade is probably needed. Stick the old card back in, or use onboard graphics card and upgrade it.

Old graphics card reinstalled. Reading back over the thread I think somebody else had a similar problem with a P67 motherboard. Is a bios up grade risky? What the chance of me screwing something up?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Old graphics card reinstalled. Reading back over the thread I think somebody else had a similar problem with a P67 motherboard. Is a bios up grade risky? What the chance of me screwing something up?

Check the changelog, only do it if its listed to actually solve your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Asrock board? Some require the bios update to run newer card. What version is your bios?

Try the "Gen2" setting in your bios aswell for PCI-E.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Asrock board? Some require the bios update to run newer card. What version is your bios?

Try the "Gen2" setting in your bios aswell for PCI-E.

Program called CPU-Z I have on desktop tells me its an ASRock P67 Pro3 - Bios version P1.80
    Still have the DVD for the motherboard so will boot that up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ah I'm getting fierce impatient at this waiting. I've a PC build using onboard for the last 2 weeks. It's useless. I need a decent GPU before next weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Program called CPU-Z I have on desktop tells me its an ASRock P67 Pro3 - Bios version P1.80
    Still have the DVD for the motherboard so will boot that up

Your board is listed as "1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)"

The bois version is also upto 3.30 for your board and that also lists an update for 2. Improve VGA compatibility. which is what you need so update your bios and youll be sorted.

Your board is listed as "1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)"

The bois version is also upto 3.30 for your board and that also lists an update for 2. Improve VGA compatibility. which is what you need so update your bios and youll be sorted.

I see that alright on the file download screen, ill give it a go.

• Advertisement

Its giving me an Error: Unable to load drivers message

Its giving me an Error: Unable to load drivers message

When do you get this message??

After I download the file from ASrock and try to run the .exe file

I see from my mother board manual that a setting in the UEFI under primary graphics adapter is set to PCI as default but can be set to PCI Express. Will this help

I see from my mother board manual that a setting in the UEFI under primary graphics adapter is set to PCI as default but can be set to PCI Express. Will this help

Well it should be PCI-Express if you have the card in the PCI-Express port.

Whn you download that file there is a specific way to run it, hold on I'll find out how now :)

Take a look at the manual: ftp://europe.asrock.com/Manual/P67 Pro3.pdf

Chapter 2 is what you want and see how to upgrade your bios in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

That was me. I had to update bios. Card works fine now.

I trying to get the file from the ASRock site to work to update my Bios.

I do see however it says "Please update to the latest BIOS with instant Flash in the UEFI setup if you are using Windows 10"
    Maybe that's my issue??

Im ****ed. No matter what way I turn it just wont update....

Insert the disc you got with the boards and install the Uefi programme and run it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Have you tried to upgrade it from your bios?

http://www.asrock.com/feature/instantflash/index.asp

Insert the disc you got with the boards and install the Uefi programme and run it from there.

Tried that but its only installing the same version im stuck on at the moment.

Have you tried to upgrade it from your bios?

http://www.asrock.com/feature/instantflash/index.asp

Tried in the UEFI setting to instant flash but it says "no image available"
    Looks like its looking for a file location..

Wont work either.

Tried in the UEFI setting to instant flash but it says "no image available"
    Looks like its looking for a file location..

Wont work either.

Does that not need yuo to have the bios file downloaded and on a usb drive already tho?

Does that not need yuo to have the bios file downloaded and on a usb drive already tho?

I have USB key in and the files I downloaded on it. It wont pick them up. The only files I see are for a windows download and I cant get that to work.

Thats what I am thinking. There is usually a particular USB port that acts as the bios update port. Place the update onto a usb key and place it in the correct USB port and then try the update from the bios.

Ive about 6 usb ports but the file I download defo says its to update Bios under windows. That's the only file there. Don't know if its corrupt or something on my PC stops it from running.

From the motherboard manual.
    SRock Instant Flash

ASRock Instant Flash is a UEFI flash utility embedded in Flash ROM.
    This convenient UEFI update tool allows you to update system UEFI
    without entering operating systems first like MS-DOS or Windows®.

Just launch this tool and save the new UEFI file to your USB flash drive, floppy
    disk or hard drive, then you can update your UEFI only in a few clicks
    without preparing an additional floppy diskette or other complicated flash
    utility. Please be noted that the USB flash drive or hard drive must use
    FAT32/16/12 file system.

If you execute ASRock Instant Flash utility, the
    utility will show the UEFI files and their respective information. Select the
    proper UEFI file to update your UEFI, and reboot your system after UEFI
    update process completes

From the motherboard manual.

Thanks for that. When I launch the instant flash option it does not give me any options like whats mentioned in the manual. I just get a refresh device tab which does nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thanks for that. When I launch the instant flash option it does not give me any options like whats mentioned in the manual. I just get a refresh device tab which does nothing

Your USB drive is probably formatted for NTFS which is not a supported file system for the update within the UEFI

Advertisement