Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6plus battery issues

Options
  • 01-06-2016 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced battery issues with the 6 plus? Recently I'm getting less and less from a charge, and it's also taking a lot longer to charge in general.

Last night I plugged in the phone at 2% and 3 hours later it was at 30%. I left it over night and woke this morning to the battery level being 14% and the phone taking no charge from any power cord. Did a hard reset and eventually it started charging but I had to leave the house. On the way to work the phone just died at 11% and another hard reset got it started again but it dropped from 11% to 3% right in front of my eyes. I plugged it in when I got to the office, it jumped straight to 11% again. I have it charging now for the past 45 minutes and it's only at 12% now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

nothing in the lighting port eg fluff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

shanec1928 wrote: »
    nothing in the lighting port eg fluff..

No nothing there. It hit 30% and I unplugged it 2 minutes ago. It's now on 24%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it's not charging or easily stops charging after being moved that usually means there's something in the port. It can be quite difficult to get it out. Put it under a lamp and use a needle to scoop out any fluff.

Alternatively it could be the charging cable. Is it an official Apple cable? Because the third party ones are poor quality and fail after a while. If you a spare one try using that.

But if the phone is just turning off mid-charge that probably means the battery is knackered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

If it's not charging or easily stops charging after being moved that usually means there's something in the port. It can be quite difficult to get it out. Put it under a lamp and use a needle to scoop out any fluff.
    I had a good look and there was nothing.
    Alternatively it could be the charging cable. Is it an official Apple cable? Because the third party ones are poor quality and fail after a while. If you a spare one try using that.
    I've tried 4 cables. It took charge after I did a software reset, but it's still not right.
    But if the phone is just turning off mid-charge that probably means the battery is knackered.

A few hours in to the charge it stopped charging at 30%. I unplugged it and plugged it back again and it started charging again. It hit 43% and I unplugged to make a call and it dropped to 37%. Plugged it back in and it immediately went to 43% again. I'm thinking this might be an OS issue since the update.

Advertisement