Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD - Graduate Entry to Medicine

• 01-06-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I know I'm repeating myself.
    But this helped me last year a good bit...

So if you have any questions about UCD you can message me or feel free to join the Facebook group

UCD Graduate Medicine Class of 2020

we'll be happy to answer your questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

what is the facebook page called?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 steph0712

This is the name of the page:

UCD Graduate Medicine Class of 2020

Unfortunatley can't post links otherwise I would...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shaz84

Good luck to all incoming UCD medicine class of 2020 students (and future doctors!). I was in your position in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed my time, as will you. Its a great university and you will make some friends for life in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rmcilroy918

shaz84 wrote: »
    Good luck to all incoming UCD medicine class of 2020 students (and future doctors!). I was in your position in 2012 and thoroughly enjoyed my time, as will you. Its a great university and you will make some friends for life in the process.
    Hi Shaz84
    I am a human biology student from Northern Ireland! I was wondering if you could advise me on the financing options whilst studying GEM? Thank you for any help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭ChromosomeT

just wondering if there would perhaps be any ucd med notes floating around? i'm hoping to get into UCD GEM or similar next year and would appreciate knowing what year 1 looks like:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cahill

Hi there,
    I had a question about the practicality of the graduate entry programme. I am approaching the end of third year psychology and although I love it, I've been thinking about medicine for quite a while now. Im 27 now and have a child (1 year) and wondering if the programme would be practical, cost wise and time. This course is taking quite a bit of my personal life as is lol, but I suppose I'll keep wondering whether it's an option until I get some clearer answer.
    I was also wondering whether you're happy with your career paths, i know it can be a challenge as is, but definitely aiming for something i'll be happy with in 30-40 years time.
    Would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Cahill wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I had a question about the practicality of the graduate entry programme. I am approaching the end of third year psychology and although I love it, I've been thinking about medicine for quite a while now. Im 27 now and have a child (1 year) and wondering if the programme would be practical, cost wise and time. This course is taking quite a bit of my personal life as is lol, but I suppose I'll keep wondering whether it's an option until I get some clearer answer.
    I was also wondering whether you're happy with your career paths, i know it can be a challenge as is, but definitely aiming for something i'll be happy with in 30-40 years time.
    Would appreciate any feedback, thank you.

I answered a similar question in the GEM at 30 thread but just to say again, there are others in similar situations as yourself and they are making it work, obviously though it's not as easy as other GEMs who are in their early twenties with no commitments. GEM does take a LOT of time, it's a very intense programme but there's plenty of downtime during holidays and a chance to catch up with normality...if you are efficient, you can definitely make time for normal life during term time but don't expect to be top of the class if you do! I'm not yet finished the programme but can say so far that I'm 100% happy that I've gone for it.

Advertisement