Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Guide - TV and Soundbar control

• 01-06-2016 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I know the simplest way to use the xbox to control your tv, set top box, and soundbar is to use Kinect, but I'd rather not add another piece of equipment to the stack of boxes in the living room. I understand you can use an IR emitter to control the all the devices also.

Has anyone tried this? Is it easy to set up? Does it have all the functionality of using the kinect (minus voice control obviously)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

For some reason, my mobile automatically downloaded a Universal Remote called Peel.
    It is able to switch on and off any TV, even the old style ones with the big back on them, as well as any DVD/Blu Ray system and anything with a remote control.
    I've been using this to control everything at home along with the SmartGlass which is great.
    Its also been fun switching off the TV's in shops hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

That is quite evil of you!

That would be the perfect solution if I was still a single man, but the good lady wife her indoors won't appreciate the use of the phone to control everything!

Currently have the sky remote, the sound bar remote, and the xbox media controller (for blu rays / netflix on the xbox). If I can get that down to JUST the xbox media remote (with occasional use of the sky remote for recording) it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

So finally bought an IR emitter cable to control the other devices.

Whilst I am able to change channels through the xbox on my sky hd box the sky box does not power on or off with the console.

Is there a setting I've missed?

Advertisement