Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best passive graphics card?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

About 18 months ago I picked up a 750ti which has been surprisingly good at most games while also completely silent.

I'd like to be able to play Fallout 4 and maybe Doom on decent settings. Is there anything out there at the moment that is passive with good performance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You don't need a passive card. Anything with lowish power consumption and a good cooler is going to be virtually silent.

There is a whole range of new cards being released at the moment. Wait a bit to see what suits. Maybe a 480 from AMD.

What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I think gainward do a passive 970. That would be more than capable of running Doom. I would assume someone will make a passive 1070 which is out later this month, but it will be a while longer before we see a passive version.

So either wait and see or try to find a bargain on the 970 would be my advice. I think I saw one of them for sale on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK there are no cards past the 750ti which are passively cooled.
    Maybe check back in 1-2 months?

Advertisement