Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Hotel or B&B

• 01-06-2016 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

A relative of mine is very unwell in Clonmel and my parents have asked that I book them
    somewhere to stay. Could anyone suggest somewhere quiet, ideally within walking distance of the town Centre and has secure parking.

I stayed in the Clonmel Arms before but I know there is a nightclub there at weekends and that it can be noisy and given the circumstances is not ideal.

I am not very familar with the Clonmel area so can't tell from online if the place is quiet etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Miaireland wrote: »
    Could anyone suggest somewhere quiet, ideally within walking distance of the town Centre and has secure parking.

What's your budget? Clonmel Park is quiet and has secure parking but is a fair walk from the town centre. I like the walk myself but others mightn't be so inclined.
    I stayed in the Clonmel Arms before but I know there is a nightclub there at weekends and that it can be noisy and given the circumstances is not ideal.

Clonmel Arms (hotel and nightclub) has been closed years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

Hearns Hotel and Fennessy's (I think Fennessy's still take guests) are in town but ar over pubs so would not be quiet.

Minella is best bet but is fifteen minutes walk from town centre and is a popular wedding venue.

The Park is twenty minutes walk from town centre.

B and B's are a better bet, try Brighton House, just off town centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks. Good to hear from people who know the place

Thanks. Good to hear from people who know the place

Hillcrest B&B is in a quiet part of Clonmel.and is close to the town..Check it online..its on the powerstown road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Hillcrest.

This B and B is situated on the East of the town, just three minutes walk from The Showgrounds shopping centre, with at least two coffee shops there, and also Marks and Spencer complete with grocery store. Admittedly one has to cross a very busy road to enter the centre

http://hillcrestguesthouse.ie/

Hillcrest Guesthouse is situated in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. Clonmel is an old historic town located in the picturesque Suir Valley

Hillcrest Guesthouse

1 Ard Na Greine

Clonmel

Co. Tipperary

Ireland

tel: + 353 (0) 52 6121798

mobile: + 353 (0) 86 2747316

e-mail: info@hillcrestguesthouse.ie

To my knowledge the owner of the B and B is Declan Gavigan who runs a car sales outlet on the Waterford Road.

I would suggest that you speak to him directly, he is very approachable.

http://www.southeastcarsales.ie/

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

If they need to be near the hospital I would recommend Amberville B&B in Glenconnor ( 5 mins walk from Hospital and maybe 10 mins to town)
    If not then Hillcrest is very good.
    For a completely central location stay at McCarthys B&B in College Street. In a sidestreet within 2 mins of town centre.
    All three are quiet, family run and very good.

Don't, under any circumstances, stay in Hearns or Fennessey's.

Hope your relative is on the mend soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. They stayed in the Manilla. They are heading back to Clonmel and I was wondering does anyone know of any reliable taxi/cab firm. They ordered from one company that they found on the Internet and they appear to got ripped off (taxi went miles out of the way to get from point a to b even taking into account all the one way systems there are). Thanks

Campbells cabs..052 6125477

Campbells cabs..052 6125477

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. They stayed in the Manilla. They are heading back to Clonmel and I was wondering does anyone know of any reliable taxi/cab firm. They ordered from one company that they found on the Internet and they appear to got ripped off (taxi went miles out of the way to get from point a to b even taking into account all the one way systems there are). Thanks

That should only count if there is a meter in the taxi. Clonmel taxis are all Hackneys so it's a set price, ask when you book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement