Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd hand Renault Zoe by Belgard Motors good value?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Hi Micky...
    No idea on the value - and yes the ESB offer for the free charger and install is for new cars but you should check with the dealer as you may still managed to get a free charger and install with a 2nd hand (we got one with our 2nd hand Leaf).
    There are a few reasons why a 2nd hand can still qualify; orig owner did not take up the offer (so next owner then can) or orig owner returned the charger to the dealer, etc.

Defo ask them you may get luck on that one

As for costs if you don't get the free install - its anything from 600 - 1000 depending on which posts you read in here and how you go about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Thanks slicedpanman,

Will check it out with Belgard Motors..

I would have thought that there be some standard rule to how much electric cars depreciates year by year..

Knowing this would give me some leverage in negotiations :)

Ta,

Micka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Due to the battery rental, virtually worthless second hand.

Check how little they sell for in the UK on autotrader.

For that price you would buy a virtually new one without battery rental in the UK.

On autotrader look at the highest priced ones called "i - Dynamique " or "i Expression".

These are the ones without the battery rental.

Hi ei9go, yeap. Even the Zoe's up north are much cheaper. But they do include battery rental too, no doubt.

I contacted ESB Ears and they said that they don't install home chargers themselves unless the EV is brought brand new in Ireland.

So need to find out who can install one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

micka wrote: »
    I contacted ESB Ears and they said that they don't install home chargers themselves unless the EV is brought brand new in Ireland.

search this forum for "Nigel Daly" and you'll find his phone number (can't remember it) he did ours (and many many more on this board). He is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You can do as suggested and contact Nigel for a quote. Expect it to be in or around €1k from him to supply and fit everything.

If you are willing to take on board some additional hassle and source some materials yourself it should be cheaper.

You need to decide if you want a 16A or 32A charger. They look the same but the 32A will charge your car twice as fast IF your car has a 6kw charger in it. Its better to put in the 32A now to future proof it even if your car doesnt need it. Your next car might.

You then need to buy the charger and then contact any certified electrician and tell them you want to install an outside plug and when they arrive present the charger to them. Its no extra effort/knowledge for them other than it needs a circuit of its own to the fuseboard and it needs cable suitable for 16A or 32A (6sq mm) depending on which you buy.

A few searches on this forum will get you the info and links you need to source a charger yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Hi ei9go, yeap. Even the Zoe's up north are much cheaper. But they do include battery rental too, no doubt.

You did'nt read the post

"On autotrader look at the highest priced ones called "i - Dynamique " or "i Expression".

These are the ones without the battery rental"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Any sparks will do. Easy enough job just tell them it's an outdoor socket and show them the charger when they arrive.

Definitely better off with a 32/30a charger for the Zoe and just so happens I'm selling one! ðŸ˜
    There's a post in this forums buy&sell thread if interested

Advertisement