Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matchplay query

• 01-06-2016 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Our Society match-play competition has one lady competitor, how would this mixed match usually be played given that the courseon which it will be played on has varied stoke indices and pars for for ladies and gents.Such as index 1 for men is a par 4 and is index 10 for ladies but a par 5 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

sounds like it should have been organised properly before the draw was made. presume play off either the womens or mens card for the course & give shots per indexes. Women would play off red tees & men off either whites or blues, depending what format stipulates. would presume off mens course card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭kieran.

First time a lady has entered and issue wasn't foreseen by the committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭paulos53

An old link to Congu on this but still valid http://www.congu.com/faqs/old_site/Mixed%20Golf.pdf

The main adjustment is that if the SSS of the mens and womens course are different then the handicaps need to be adjusted. In fact this should be applied to all competitions and not just matchplay.
    One for the boards society to note ;)

You can use either set of indices but I guess it would make sense to use the mens as every other game will be using them.

Also par is irrelevant in matchplay. So if a hole is classed as a par 4 for men but a par 5 for women then it can be ignored. Lowest nett score wins the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I think the most common (and simplest) way is to calculate as per Stableford. The lower handicap goes back to scratch and the higher handicap gets their shots as per the indices on their card. Whoever gets the most points on each hole as per their card (after the handicaps are adjusted) wins the hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

First Up wrote: »
    I think the most common (and simplest) way is to calculate as per Stableford. The lower handicap goes back to scratch and the higher handicap gets their shots as per the indices on their card. Whoever gets the most points on each hole as per their card (after the handicaps are adjusted) wins the hole.

sounds fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

kieran. wrote: »
    Our Society match-play competition has one lady competitor, how would this mixed match usually be played given that the courseon which it will be played on has varied stoke indices and pars for for ladies and gents.Such as index 1 for men is a par 4 and is index 10 for ladies but a par 5 ?
    First Up wrote: »

I'd say do the courteous thing and use the Ladies indices, or maybe your fearful she'll kick your @ss by an even bigger margin!:pac::p.

Advertisement