Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

The €15 is used by purchasing the bundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Anyone get this weird message

Dear subscriber, You have been Ported in successfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I'm on the Ireland Plus 15 euro per month option. I'm about to fly to Portugal but I see that I don't need to buy an extra bundle for calls and text messages. However I do need to buy an extra data package.

Can anyone tell me what that data package is for Portugal and can I buy it in advance of traveling or do I have to purchase it on arrival? Also interested in cost and size.

Sorry spent ages looking through their website but it's awful to be frank.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Be aware, that once you activate a data plan and if you use it all, then any excess above the 1gb will be taken from any credit you might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cronos wrote: »
    I'm on the Ireland Plus 15 euro per month option. I'm about to fly to Portugal but I see that I don't need to buy an extra bundle for calls and text messages. However I do need to buy an extra data package.

Can anyone tell me what that data package is for Portugal and can I buy it in advance of traveling or do I have to purchase it on arrival? Also interested in cost and size.

€55 FOR 1GB data for Portugal! see post 233

Maybe you already know but you need to connect to the Vodafone network for your bundle calls and texts to work there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Be aware, that once you activate a data plan and if you use it all, then any excess above the 1gb will be taken from any credit you might have.

You mean they don't give you free data once you've used up all the data you've paid for?!?! Scammers!

You mean they don't give you free data once you've used up all the data you've paid for?!?! Scammers!

Well in fairness they should either alert you or just switch data off.

NATLOR wrote: »
    €55 FOR 1GB data for Portugal! see post 233

Maybe you already know but you need to connect to the Vodafone network for your bundle calls and texts to work there

55 euro. What a joke.

I think you're missing the point here, I was told that the only way to access data on the lyca mobile network while travelling was via a pre purchased add on, on three occasions prior to purchasing the add-on this was reiterated to me. I asked could I use data from my credit and was told no. Having previously been with 48 months, then I assumed that lyca was very same set up. Any time I travelled with 48 I never had to switch off data as it didn't work. The add-on was purchased and the 1gb was subsequently used up, a text was sent saying that the 1gb was used up and i could no longer access data, so I assumed that was it, till I discovered that €11 worth of credit was taken the following day, obviously an app was running in background that was using data. Strange thing was, iMessages stopped working as soon as the add-on ran out, hence I assumed I had no data. When I rang lyca, they automatically said that obviously it was an error as the only way to use data while traveling was via an add-on and as the add-on had ran out, my access to data was stopped. The CS guy said that he was going to escalate it so as a refund could be given, long story short, refund was never given and explanation that was given was as follows

Only method to use data while travelling is via a pre purchased add-on, and as I had activated an add-on and used it all up, data was now available to me and would continue to be available but with the cost coming from credit. This was news to the CS agents I spoke to also, apparently it's buried in the T&C's. It was again confirmed to me that I would not have incurred any data charges had I have not activated the addon so in essence it would have been the same set up as 48 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭_kookie

Looking for something with better coverage than tescomobile.
    Are Lyca using the old O2 network, same as tescomobile?
    Are they 4G?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

55 euro. What a joke.

Agreed, Lyca have very good roaming rates for some coutnries, but portugal isn't one of them!

I recommend getting a Meteor SIM, putting €15 on it and buying 1GB of EU roaming for €15:

https://www.meteor.ie/roaming/#/roam-like-home/

What I do in this sort of situation is use a Meteor SIM in my iPhone for data and put my lyca sim in an old crappy phone I have in the cupboard for calls and texts to my regular number.

Only method to use data while travelling is via a pre purchased add-on, and as I had activated an add-on and used it all up, data was now available to me and would continue to be available but with the cost coming from credit. This was news to the CS agents I spoke to also, apparently it's buried in the T&C's. It was again confirmed to me that I would not have incurred any data charges had I have not activated the addon so in essence it would have been the same set up as 48 then.

Data coming out of your credit (assuming you have any) once your bundle runs out is how every single network works with the exception of 48 who have no roaming data.

It is also how it works for national bundled minutes, texts and data works. Once you run out of bundled amounts, it switches to out of bundle rates. This is true for Vodafone, Three, Meteor, Tesco Mobile, Lyca, etc.

This is just the reality of how these services work.

At least you weren't on a contract and limited to only losing some credit. Let me tell you about the time Vodafone sent me a bill for €950 for roaming in the US on a contract!!!!!!!!

BTW note for future, both Android and iPhone have a OS feature or apps that monitor your data usage and notify you are approaching your limit. Android will even cut off your data access when you reach the set limit.
    _kookie wrote: »
    Looking for something with better coverage than tescomobile.
    Are Lyca using the old O2 network, same as tescomobile?
    Are they 4G?

Exact same coverage as Tesco Mobile as they use the same network (old o2 network) and still no 4g for them. If you are looking for better coverage I'd recommend first trying Meteor for a few weeks. If that doesn't work out then Vodafone has the best coverage (though expensive service).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭_kookie

Thanks. Looks like they are not for me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Heading to the UK next week. Are roaming calls and texts in the UK included in the 15 euro bundle. I presume I'd need to buy a data addon for data roaming. Can't find a clear answer on their site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mossy464 wrote: »
    Heading to the UK next week. Are roaming calls and texts in the UK included in the 15 euro bundle. I presume I'd need to buy a data addon for data roaming. Can't find a clear answer on their site.

Yes and Yes:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-sim-card

Roaming data add-ons here, 1GB for €12:

http://www.lycamobile.ie/sysimages/editorfiles/Home_April_2015_IE1.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just on the data roaming aspect.
    I recently used it in Spain and can report that it worked like a charm, no issues what so ever.

Basically I ensured that I had enough balance on my account to cover the €12 for 1GB charge.
    Then when I arrived in Spain I just sent the text message with code for Spain (*139*7101# ) and then switched on my data.

Note that you'll need to use the *# code specific to the UK which can be found in the PDF above. Just note it down before you leave!

Also, be sure to check that it doesn't auto renew then the following month, I only noticed that mine was set to auto renew luckily I copped it a day or two before it was due to auto renew.

On a separate note, have anyone used the refer a friend system yet. I did last week for my two young lads, I ordered their sins via the emails that they would have got from my referrals, I registered both their sims, topped them both up, and then ported their numbers over from 48. A week on, I've heard nothing from lyca about these referrals, lyca are not been very helpful with it either, I actually had one agent tell me that because I ported their own numbers over to lyca then they don't qualify for refer a friend system, I've obviously asked where it says that in the T&C's and I'm awaiting that, but as I've said, so far, the 2 €5 credits haven't been applied to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

Portugal is dearer than I expected.
    I bought data addons before in spain and they wouldn't work. Now I go over to the country test it works and buy the addon then

Also, be sure to check that it doesn't auto renew then the following month, I only noticed that mine was set to auto renew luckily I copped it a day or two before it was due to auto renew.

On a separate note, have anyone used the refer a friend system yet. I did last week for my two young lads, I ordered their sins via the emails that they would have got from my referrals, I registered both their sims, topped them both up, and then ported their numbers over from 48. A week on, I've heard nothing from lyca about these referrals, lyca are not been very helpful with it either, I actually had one agent tell me that because I ported their own numbers over to lyca then they don't qualify for refer a friend system, I've obviously asked where it says that in the T&C's and I'm awaiting that, but as I've said, so far, the 2 €5 credits haven't been applied to my account.

I had referred 3 people and received nothing so rang them and was given the same story about porting the numbers which is a joke as they encourage you to port over by offering €10 over five months had a bit of a rant at the agent but was a waste of time

How the hell can they advertise this refer a friend promotion and then get away without honouring it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

maurice1 wrote: »

Portugal is dearer than I expected.
    I bought data addons before in spain and they wouldn't work. Now I go over to the country test it works and buy the addon then

The below does not work in Portugal, but does in a lot of other countries, even here. It's 3, UK based, so research before buying. Says it works on a 3 phone or any unlocked phone.

12GB for £23.69 (sterling) plus £1.49 shipping from 7dayshop

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/new-3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-preloaded-with-12gb-of-data-three-sizes-35203

"List of Feel at Home Countries: Australia. Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, New Zealand, Norway, Republic or Ireland, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, USA

PLEASE NOTE THESE SIM CARDS ARE DATA ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED FOR CALLS OR TEXTS ON THE MOBILE NETWORKS."

Maybe someone here could put a link to this post into the Tesco deal thread? I'm on touch site and it's not possible to link to a post.

Edit: As it's 3UK, may well work there as well.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

€30 odd for 12gb valid for a year, so say €2.5 per gig. That's pretty good value but then there's hassle of having another sim card. You could tether it from a phone and just pick up wifi on your regular phone I guess. Is there any special deals when topping up with the same card or is it back to 3's regular offerings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Esel wrote: »
    The below does not work in Portugal, but does in a lot of other countries, even here. It's 3, UK based, so research before buying. Says it works on a 3 phone or any unlocked phone.

12GB for £23.69 (sterling) plus £1.49 shipping from 7dayshop

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/new-3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-preloaded-with-12gb-of-data-three-sizes-35203

"List of Feel at Home Countries: Australia. Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, New Zealand, Norway, Republic or Ireland, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, USA

PLEASE NOTE THESE SIM CARDS ARE DATA ONLY AND CANNOT BE USED FOR CALLS OR TEXTS ON THE MOBILE NETWORKS."

Maybe someone here could put a link to this post into the Tesco deal thread? I'm on touch site and it's not possible to link to a post.

Edit: As it's 3UK, may well work there as well.

I think they have a new list which comes into effect September 2016. Not sure if they are live at the moment though.
    In September, we will be adding 24 new destinations for you to use your phone abroad at no extra cost and share your holiday pictures shamelessly. You’ll soon be able to use your phone in a total of 42 destinations across the world including Germany, Portugal, Greece and the USA. Below is a list of the 24 new destinations that will be automatically added for you to use Feel at Home in:
    Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

€28 for 12GB for 12 months across 42 countries is outstanding value!

Specially when it includes some normally very expensive locations like US, Switzerland, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand. And will even work here in Ireland and the UK.

Seems like a most have for any doing lots of travelling, or even just a week or two in any of these locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Posters have reported over on Mobiles (IIRC) that roaming with Lyca is a pain in the face though, any truth to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ED E wrote: »
    Posters have reported over on Mobiles (IIRC) that roaming with Lyca is a pain in the face though, any truth to that?

More like a pain in the bank balance... See just above.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Roaming in general is a pain with any network in my experience!

I've done a lot of travelling over years, with Tesco, Vodafone, o2 and Three and it is always a bit of a pain with lots of fiddling with manually selecting networks, and rebooting your phone a few times to make sure it picks it up, etc.

However I normally get it working. However I can see how less technical and patient people might just give up.

I had no problems with Lyca in Northern Ireland, but obviously I can't say for every country, phone, etc.

Having said that I'll definitely be picking up that 3 UK sim mentioned above. I would look at call roaming as just an added bonus if it works.
    Esel wrote: »
    More like a pain in the bank balance... See just above.

Well Portugal is obviously ridiculously expensive, but their data roaming rates for other countries like Spain are by far the cheapest of any network in Ireland and of course the free roaming calls and texts is outstanding value.

Has anyone successfully managed to get some refer a friend credit from Lycamobile? They are using this line that because your friend ported their number into Lycamobile then you are no longer entitled to participate into the refer a friend scheme. If this is indeed the case, Ive asked a number of times now for them to show me where this is written in to the T&C's, but to no avail. Their response each time is we'll escalate it to the back office and give us a ring back in 24\48 hours, only to be told the very same thing all over again. They are claiming that the refer a friend deal is attached to the lyca 089 number which is on the sim card when its sent out. They are stating that that number must be topped up and only then can the refer a friend number be claimed.

Well this doesn't seem to be the case either, because I topped up both lyca sims with original numbers intact and on one of the sims, it was the following day before I ported over that one, and the 2nd sim was 2\3 days and their T&C's claim that once sims are topped up the referrer should receive a text saying as such and then within 24 hours the bonus credit would be added.

Over the years I have dealings with all mobile providers and I can safely say that these CS agents with lyca are the worst I have ever dealt with, Im not sure if its a training issue with them or is it just that management there give them very little information to work with because every issue seems to need to be escalated to another department which we aren't able to talk directly with either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Has anyone successfully managed to get some refer a friend credit from Lycamobile? They are using this line that because your friend ported their number into Lycamobile then you are no longer entitled to participate into the refer a friend scheme. If this is indeed the case, Ive asked a number of times now for them to show me where this is written in to the T&C's, but to no avail. Their response each time is we'll escalate it to the back office and give us a ring back in 24\48 hours, only to be told the very same thing all over again. They are claiming that the refer a friend deal is attached to the lyca 089 number which is on the sim card when its sent out. They are stating that that number must be topped up and only then can the refer a friend number be claimed.

Well this doesn't seem to be the case either, because I topped up both lyca sims with original numbers intact and on one of the sims, it was the following day before I ported over that one, and the 2nd sim was 2\3 days and their T&C's claim that once sims are topped up the referrer should receive a text saying as such and then within 24 hours the bonus credit would be added.

Over the years I have dealings with all mobile providers and I can safely say that these CS agents with lyca are the worst I have ever dealt with, Im not sure if its a training issue with them or is it just that management there give them very little information to work with because every issue seems to need to be escalated to another department which we aren't able to talk directly with either.

All that hassle for a fiver?

lawred2 wrote: »
    All that hassle for a fiver?

Well actually a tenner :) but I get where you're coming from, at this stage I couldn't care less about the credit, I've brought it this far now, I'm going to see it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bk wrote: »
    Roaming in general is a pain with any network in my experience!

I've done a lot of travelling over years, with Tesco, Vodafone, o2 and Three and it is always a bit of a pain with lots of fiddling with manually selecting networks, and rebooting your phone a few times to make sure it picks it up, etc.

However I normally get it working. However I can see how less technical and patient people might just give up.

I had no problems with Lyca in Northern Ireland, but obviously I can't say for every country, phone, etc.

Having said that I'll definitely be picking up that 3 UK sim mentioned above. I would look at call roaming as just an added bonus if it works.

Have to disagree there, three who normally make a balls of most things, have like home which works spectacularly (UK and Italy tested) and Vodafone roaming across europe is pretty reliable once you've called them to enable it. No APN configs needed.

In a more general note still laugh at people paying basically below cost for their primary communication device. Irish consumers really need to vote for quality for a while to push the infrastructure up not the cost down. Even culchie towns in rural Poland have higher LTE cell density than D4. Something very wrong with that picture.

• Advertisement

Have to disagree there, three who normally make a balls of most things, have like home which works spectacularly (UK and Italy tested) and Vodafone roaming across europe is pretty reliable once you've called them to enable it. No APN configs needed.

For two years I had a great deal with Vodafone, 2GB per month of free data roaming in any country in the world!!!

It was incredible value, I was out of the country 14 times that year! It showed me how data roaming should be and how much easier it makes travel.

However despite it being Vodafone, who have networks across most of Europe and owned 50% of Verizon at the time, I still often had issues getting it to work initially when arriving in country. Lets of phone rebooting, but it would eventually work and be fine for the rest of the trip.

However the worst was the stress when Vodafone sent me a bill of €950 for just 2 days of roaming in the US!! They eventually admitted it was their mistake and scrapped the bill, but god the stress for those weeks until they did!

In a more general note still laugh at people paying basically below cost for their primary communication device. Irish consumers really need to vote for quality for a while to push the infrastructure up not the cost down. Even culchie towns in rural Poland have higher LTE cell density than D4. Something very wrong with that picture.

I have to disagree with you partly. While my phone is my primary communication device, 3G/4G isn't my primary communication service.

It is very much secondary to my high quality wired broadband + high quality wifi that my phone sits on and uses about 90% of the time while at home and work.

No one uses SMS any more and seldom calls. Last month I used just 5 SMS!! It is all whatsapp, facebook messenger and other data services today and they all work great over wifi.

That is why I'm not too bothered about 3G/4G quality, I use it so little comparatively, that I'm quiet happy to go with the cheapest provider.

I know that isn't for everyone, some people can be very dependent on their phone for work, etc. such as sales people. But then those people should go for a better network like Vodafone.

It is better if their are also options for both light users as well as heavy users.

Having said that I've been playing Pokemon Go quiet a bit around Dublin for the last few weeks and I have to say the Lyca network has worked just fine.

How long does it normally take for that free sim to arrive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How long does it normally take for that free sim to arrive?

2-3 working days usually.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Bit of a strange one,I have both my kids on lyca and just going through their call history on the website and have noticed a strange number appearing regularly (up to 6 times a day on some days) on both their accounts with between 1 and 3 second duration.

I know its not them calling as they were both in school without their phones for some of the calls. Its an 089 number ending in 330 just wondering has anyone else come across this?

BTW it doesn't show up on my history

FrostyJim wrote: »
    2-3 working days usually.

Turned up today

Bit of a strange one,I have both my kids on lyca and just going through their call history on the website and have noticed a strange number appearing regularly (up to 6 times a day on some days) on both their accounts with between 1 and 3 second duration.

I know its not them calling as they were both in school without their phones for some of the calls. Its an 089 number ending in 330 just wondering has anyone else come across this?

Have you tried calling the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

The long number is the bytes that they have left. They get free data with their topup

06/09/2016 22:44:00 2:38:01 0.0000 Special Number Call 0.000000 1368704347 13676557712

Sorry missed the 089xxxx330 part of your post. Could it be something to do with voicemail?

Have you tried calling the number?

I have, it goes straight to a answer service saying 'the subscriber you are trying to reach is currently unavailable please try again later'so none the wiser. Its not a huge deal there is no cost involved but an odd one all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

I've been using Lyca for a few months now, and today was very upset over "misleading" T&C ,so I came here to tell the story. (hope it hels someone who is reading this thread). First things first.
    I switched to this network because of super cheap international calls 1 cent /min to Eastern Europe to mobile!!! (I was suspicious at the start)
    I received sim card on post with no delays, unlike many other people here. Ported my number without a hiccups, no problem so far.
    Tethering forbidden, fair enough, I found a way around.
    Went back home over the hols, and my phone would pick up local networks (roaming). Luckily, after messing for short period of time, I had another phone, Nokia blockia dumb phone, where I tried Lyca sim, and then I got connected. After that it worked on smart and non-smart fones no problem. The was first hiccup.
    Second was, after referring a friend, I didnt received a promised fiver. After a few emails forth and back, I gave up, no time wasting chasing a fiver.
    I know their Offers and bundles is a maze. Thats where i got stung. I googled CALENDAR MONTH, and it could mean two things:
    Definition of calendar month
    1: one of the months as named in the calendar
    2: the period from a day of one month to the corresponding day of the next month if such exists or if not to the last day of the next month (as from January 3 to February 3 or from January 31 to February 29)
    So topped up by 30 Eur on 27 of August, to avail of 200 free mins to any network. Guess what!!
    Deal expired on 01 of September. Balls!!!
    So just let you know, what CALENDAR MONTH meant to me in Lyca.
    By the way,I had drooped calls on a few occasions, but when I paid a cent per min, I wont complain!
    Overal, its the cheapest network, I'm not a heavy user, it will do for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

flintash wrote: »
    So topped up by 30 Eur on 27 of August, to avail of 200 free mins to any network. Guess what!!
    Deal expired on 31 of September. Balls!!!
    So just let you know, what CALENDAR MONTH meant to me in Lyca.

I think you mean 31 of AUGUST.

Strange, seems a few of the "Offers" are per calendar month as you said but pretty much everything else is simply 30 days.

Doesn't look like you uncovered some grand scheme to scam users, more like your typical low cost stipulation to cover some behind the scenes scenario we don't know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭flintash

Oh no, i dont say its a scam, just trying to make poeple aware of it, thats all.
    P.s thanks for pointing error in the date

I just found this number on my wife's call history also, 3 calls to it today, so we went thru here handset and looked up each time, they all coincided with missed calls. I just tried it now, rang her phone and left it go to voicemail but didn't wait for the Beeb to leave a message, and now a 10 sec call to that number is in her call history for a few mins ago.

It's obviously the system they use to divert the unanswered call to their voice mail service, and as its a lyca mobile number also, there isn't any charge involved.

Was in the UK at the weekend and unfortunately my SMS messages would not send at all.

I was able to make calls to Irish numbers when entering the full country code i.e. 0035387.....

No joy whatsoever with texts though, anyone else have this problem?

Was in the UK at the weekend and unfortunately my SMS messages would not send at all.

I was able to make calls to Irish numbers when entering the full country code i.e. 0035387.....

No joy whatsoever with texts though, anyone else have this problem?

Yep, very same problem for me last month, wasn't able to send any messages for the whole two weeks I was over there. I'm thinking it was something to do with lyca allocating me a UK number for the whole duration that I was over there.

Yep, very same problem for me last month, wasn't able to send any messages for the whole two weeks I was over there. I'm thinking it was something to do with lyca allocating me a UK number for the whole duration that I was over there.

Yeah I also got allocated a UK number, I saw it mentioned on previous posts. Are you supposed to get a UK number?

Yeah I also got allocated a UK number, I saw it mentioned on previous posts. Are you supposed to get a UK number?

Yes, it seems to be their way of offering free calls and texts.

The texts you sent, did you also try 00353 or +353 in front of them? I'm guessing that is why they didn't work.

I've had that problem with other networks before, which is why I now store all my numbers in the +353 format.

Yes, it seems to be their way of offering free calls and texts.

The texts you sent, did you also try 00353 or +353 in front of them? I'm guessing that is why they didn't work.

I've had that problem with other networks before, which is why I now store all my numbers in the +353 format.

Yes I tried both methods but still didn't work. Although, on my phone when I entered the number in 00353 or +353 formats it recognised that number as an existing contact.

Yes I tried both methods but still didn't work. Although, on my phone when I entered the number in 00353 or +353 formats it recognised that number as an existing contact.

You should edit the numbers in your contacts to all include the country prefix

Yes, I expect your phone was ignoring the number you entered and using the stored number. As lawred2 said, you need to edit the actual stored contact details.

• Advertisement

Yes, I expect your phone was ignoring the number you entered and using the stored number. As lawred2 said, you need to edit the actual stored contact details.

Ok thanks, I will know for the next time.

Advertisement