Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The 10 and 15gb free data offer with top-ups seems to have finished also

The 20% free credit on 5,10,€15 has been changed to 10%
    the 25 irish landline & Mobile free minutes on €5 and the 60 free mins on €10 has gone.

Has anything else changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Twice I ordered sims from them and never got them, so gave up. Pity.

!Similar bundle but with 4G cost from 60 to 80 with vodafone per month!!!

https://www.idmobile.ie/shop/phones-plans/build-your-plan?type=prepay

30GB 4G data.
    300 any network minutes.
    unlimited iD to iD calls and texts.

Keep your €15 top up credit.

See full plan terms and conditions.

This is starting to look like decent value

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

maurice1 wrote: »
    The 20% free credit on 5,10,€15 has been changed to 10%
    the 25 irish landline & Mobile free minutes on €5 and the 60 free mins on €10 has gone.

Has anything else changed?

The 10gb of data is also gone

maurice1 wrote: »
    https://www.idmobile.ie/shop/phones-plans/build-your-plan?type=prepay

30GB 4G data.
    300 any network minutes.
    unlimited iD to iD calls and texts.

Keep your €15 top up credit.

See full plan terms and conditions.

This is starting to look like decent value

Is suggest that you do your research on id before moving to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Do you still get free roaming in other countries with the National M bundle (think that's what it's called)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Do you still get free roaming in other countries with the National M bundle (think that's what it's called)?

Yes for texts and voice.
    For data no, you have to pay for an additional addon.

The 10gb of data is also gone

Yep topped up by €5 today and only got 1GB rather than the usual 10GB

Edit
    Also got 5000 texts and 5000 minutes

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

biebiebie wrote: »
    Edit
    Also got 5000 texts and 5000 minutes

That is "on-network" only, in other words only to other Lyca customers.

I have to say, these new deals are a serious step down from the previous 10GB for €5/10 top-up deal, very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Twice I ordered sims from them and never got them, so gave up. Pity.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

I ordered and paid, have a paid receipt from PayPal but no word from lycamobile. This was a little over a week ago. Poor service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ordered SIM card 3 weeks ago. Still not arrived. Spoke to customer service twice and put a fresh order in online again last Tuesday (8 day's ago) and still nothing has arrived.
    Diaster of a service and looking like offers are disappearing now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Anyone know a way to use up lycamobile credit. ie use it on Google play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sneachta wrote: »
    Anyone know a way to use up lycamobile credit. ie use it on Google play?

Lyca don't support carrier billing so you can't.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

is there anyway I can buy a bundle which includes calls to Pakistan, national calls and texts + data allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

4real wrote: »
    is there anyway I can buy a bundle which includes calls to Pakistan, national calls and texts + data allowance?

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=INT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Top up €20 gives you the calls and data you want, 20% extra offer gives you €4 for texts then use the €20 to buy the Pakistan minutes bundle

NATLOR wrote: »
    Top up €20 gives you the calls and data you want, 20% extra offer gives you €4 for texts then use the €20 to buy the Pakistan minutes bundle

cant see anywhere that 20 euro gives you calls and data, or do you mean just use up the top up like 20 cent for calls etc?

can i not stack two bundles on top lets say 15 euro for irish calls + text + data and then 20 euro for Pakistan Bundle 35 euro in total?

cant see anywhere that 20 euro gives you calls and data, or do you mean just use up the top up like 20 cent for calls etc?

can i not stack two bundles on top lets say 15 euro for irish calls + text + data and then 20 euro for Pakistan Bundle 35 euro in total?

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/top-up-offers

And technically you wont actually have a bundle when you top up by 20e those benefits will just be added to your account. You will still have all of your €20 credit

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/top-up-offers

And technically you wont actually have a bundle when you top up by 20e those benefits will just be added to your account. You will still have all of your €20 credit

Perfect! Thanks

• Advertisement

The top up offer is posted twice on the previous page of this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

NATLOR wrote: »
    The top up offer is posted twice on the previous page of this thread

You're hardly surprised. Many people just post their question knowing that some chump will do the work for them - as has just happened, yet again, here.

That's why they don't bother putting in any effort. It's up to the rest of us to make sure that's not a winning strategy but, alas....a lost battle I think.

You're hardly surprised. Many people just post their question knowing that some chump will do the work for them - as has just happened, yet again, here.

That's why they don't bother putting in any effort. It's up to the rest of us to make sure that's not a winning strategy but, alas....a lost battle I think.

sorry i know its my mistake, i wont repeat again!

That comment wasn't personally meant for you, 4real. This tread is coming up on a thousand posts now so missing something can be forgiven, of course.

For me, it's a just build up of years reading questions covered in the OP or a post one or two above the question. I just get fed up with the zero effort many posters put in but get their answer anyway. This ain't Yahoo Answers! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This issue comes up because of a design flaw in boards.ie IMO

Unless the Original Poster (OP) is a mod of this forum, the OP loses the ability to edit the OP after a few days.

That makes sense on some forums, but really doesn't make sense on this forum and other technical forums in boards.

If the OP could be edited indefinitely, then they could edit the first post with new details as the deal changes, FAQ's, etc. So people wouldn't have to trawl through hundreds of pages of posts to find the answer to their question.

Some people are asking where to get Lyca sims. I know the ecig kiosk on the 3rd floor of Dunlaoire shopping centre has them and some Asian phone repair shops.

I had the €10 300 mins EU+IRL bundle, which would normally do me, however this month I went through the 300 mins by last Monday.

Surprisingly, Lyca won't allow me to buy another EU bundle until the existing bundle runs out tomorrow, so now IRL calls are 29c/min, UK are 9c/min!!

I could do a €15 topup but I am going to UK on Sunday so I'll buy the €10 bundle as it gives me free UK call roaming.

I also had a couple of paper credits from the omnivend machine when Lyca broke Paypal. (Omnivend doesn't charge the 50c that supermarkets charge)

bk wrote: »
    This issue comes up because of a design flaw in boards.ie IMO

Unless the Original Poster (OP) is a mod of this forum, the OP loses the ability to edit the OP after a few days.

That makes sense on some forums, but really doesn't make sense on this forum and other technical forums in boards.

If the OP could be edited indefinitely, then they could edit the first post with new details as the deal changes, FAQ's, etc. So people wouldn't have to trawl through hundreds of pages of posts to find the answer to their question.
    That's fair enough but it only takes a minute to scan over 3 or 4 of the latest pages just to check if there is any relevant info before asking a question specially when the question i answered was previously asked by the OP in a slightly different guise a few pages back

Lol. I see your post was just thanked by BandMember. If I remember correctly, I gave him a bit of stick earlier in the thread for more or less the same thing!

So, BandMember, did you prove me wrong and join Lycamobile after me saying it wasn't for you?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

Lol. I see your post was just thanked by BandMember. If I remember correctly, I gave him a bit of stick earlier in the thread for more or less the same thing!

So, BandMember, did you prove me wrong and join Lycamobile after me saying it wasn't for you?!

Yeah, you gave me a bit of stick alright... :pac::pac::pac: Don't worry though, I didn't take it to heart.... ;)

Well, I tried to join up anyway - signed up on the website and they said that my sim was posted, but it never arrived. However, I picked one up in a local shop and I hope to test it out in the next few days before I end up having to cough up for another month with my current service.

Don't worry, I'll let you know how it goes or if I have any questions.... :P :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

The bonus credit has been cut back now

Are they still the cheapest for data only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Quick query and apologies if asked before and i cant find answers on the thread, if anyone can help it would be great, topped up 5 euro, opted into the 4.99 for 5 GB for the month. Can someone help me find out how much data I have left, I'm registered on the site too but it makes zero sense to me. Would be very grateful if someone can explain who just has an internet bundle how I know how much I have used and have left. I thought data would count down and be simple to observe but I can't figure it out, thanks in advance.

I purchased the same add-on for my young lad today also, took me ages to figure out how he could check how much he was using also, i eventually figured it out,

log in to mylycamobile, then click on click here to view bundle details, then click view more

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-21%20at%2000.28.45_zpsc20o2rjc.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-21%20at%2000.29.07_zps06k65sya.png

then click on view details

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-21%20at%2000.29.22_zpscotv46nz.png

misty76 wrote: »
    Quick query and apologies if asked before and i cant find answers on the thread, if anyone can help it would be great, topped up 5 euro, opted into the 4.99 for 5 GB for the month. Can someone help me find out how much data I have left, I'm registered on the site too but it makes zero sense to me. Would be very grateful if someone can explain who just has an internet bundle how I know how much I have used and have left. I thought data would count down and be simple to observe but I can't figure it out, thanks in advance.

Simply go to your phone dialer and enter *147#

Tip. Add that code to a contact called Lycamobile for future reference and then you don't have to remember it ;)

*131# is also handy for a breakdown of your credit i.e. Paid credit verses free addon credit.
    Important as you can only buy bundles using paid credit. The free credit can be used for calls and texts.

Neither of those codes give balance of that data add-on for some reason.

Neither of those codes give balance of that data add-on for some reason.

Try *137#

bk wrote: »
    Try *137#

Spot on, that worked for him

DBAB000A-2714-4D6E-8F3F-847F61D307C2_zpsxgs7nxnp.png

They have also cut back on the €10 Europe Plus offer on lyca-2-in-1.

In January you were able to buy this add-on and roaming in the UK making calls to Eire and UK were taken from your 300 mins allowance, however now they charge 9c / min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi guys,

I've three family members on the €15 a month all you can eat Lycamobile deal but I'm tempted to switch them to the ID Mobile €15 a month package instead as it has 4G access (two of them use the package for data 99% of the time and rarely make calls or send texts) and ID Mobiles top up process and support desk (based in Waterford!!) cannot possibly be any worse than Lyca's who I have found to be the worst I ever experienced, even worse than UPC used to be back in the day!!

Has anyone got any experience of both ID Mobile and Lyca networks? Is there any reason not to switch to ID Mobile given the price is the same but the offer seems to be better i.e. 4G Vs 3G??

There is a thread about ID over on the mobile forum. But the summary is that it is WAY worse then lyca. Calls and texts not getting through, etc. Just not reliable at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Spot on, that worked for him

Aquos76, quick question, first month using lyca, topped up with 5 euro and put in the text to purchase the 4.99 bundle.

So my question to you is, when the bundle finishes in early march i will top up again by 5 euro.

Do i need to opt in again or when i top up by the 5 euro does it automatically opt in unless i opt out before hand, hope that makes sense, thanks for your help during the week.

Oh just to note when i pull down my task bar and click on the lycamobile symbol, it shows how much data i have used by highlighting that amount on the scale of 0-5, which is visually very easy to understand.

Have a great weekend : )

When you activate a new bundle online there is a box you select for auto renewal, what you are looking to do will work fine as long as you have auto renewal selected and as long as you have sufficient credit to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

When you activate a new bundle online there is a box you select for auto renewal, what you are looking to do will work fine as long as you have auto renewal selected and as long as you have sufficient credit to do so.

No, it simply doesn't work for me like that. I tried several times to set up the bundle with the auto renew option box ticked and the following month it doesn't renew. It's something to do with their system not being able to allow one debit card to be used for more than one account.

It's a royal pain in the ar$e for me to have to to 3 top ups and then purchase 3 bundles every month!! First world problem I know but still a pain.

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to forward calls from a Lycamobile number? I'd like to auto forward a personal Lycamobile number to a work mobile for a couple of weeks. When I go into phone ->settings -> Call Settings -> GSM call settings -> Call forwarding and click that option I just get an error "Call Settings error. Network or SIM car error".

Its as though call forwarding is blanket disabled on the network and isn't an option. Same applies when I try to change the number thats preset for forwarding when busy, when unanswered and when unreachable. I checked on the Lycamobile website and there's no mention of how to do it.

Any suggestions how I can do it?

No, it simply doesn't work for me like that. I tried several times to set up the bundle with the auto renew option box ticked and the following month it doesn't renew. It's something to do with their system not being able to allow one debit card to be used for more than one account.

It's a royal pain in the ar$e for me to have to to 3 top ups and then purchase 3 bundles every month!! First world problem I know but still a pain.

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to forward calls from a Lycamobile number? I'd like to auto forward a personal Lycamobile number to a work mobile for a couple of weeks. When I go into phone ->settings -> Call Settings -> GSM call settings -> Call forwarding and click that option I just get an error "Call Settings error. Network or SIM car error".

Its as though call forwarding is blanket disabled on the network and isn't an option. Same applies when I try to change the number thats preset for forwarding when busy, when unanswered and when unreachable. I checked on the Lycamobile website and there's no mention of how to do it.

Any suggestions how I can do it?

I've only ever set up auto renew on their plans when it's taken from their credit balance which I have manually added to their account prior to their plans expiring.

Lyca doesn't support call forwarding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

So seriously whats the story with them?

If you google 'lycamobile review' your first hit is 'ie.trustpilot.review' which appears to have a lot of customer reviews. And every single one of those reviews, without exception it seems, is horrendous. Like service not working, CS not answering, CS hanging up on you, CS ignoring number transfers. Basically people seem just shy of wondering whether this company actually exists or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

If you google 'lycamobile review' your first hit is 'ie.trustpilot.review' which appears to have a lot of customer reviews. And every single one of those reviews, without exception it seems, is horrendous. Like service not working, CS not answering, CS hanging up on you, CS ignoring number transfers. Basically people seem just shy of wondering whether this company actually exists or not.

i've been having trouble contacting one of the kids on lyca,dunno what the problem is

They're kinda right. CS is a nightmare, They are badly trained, seem to speak english as a second language and don't know how to help customers . I've been told on 4 separate occasions that they would call back but never did.

The info they sometimes SMS you is incorrect eg 2 weeks ago in UK SMS says "Your feel at home service is now active. You can make and receive calls like you are in Ireland." When I look at my bill I was charged for ringing an Dublin mobile,

They give me a UK number on the same sim which is convenient, So I forward my 3UK number to my free UK number. Saves carrying 2 phones. However I wouldn't transfer my real UK number as I wouldn't trust Lyca not to cock it up.

Roaming settings can be very fiddly to set up and CS is useless for it.

They were very cheap before January 2017.
    If their plans suit you and you don't use 4G and are good with google and naturally patient, then Lyca may be good.

I've got used to them, but I wouldn't recommend them to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭September1

I have same feelings after using them for 1.5 year. They have useless CS, slow internet, frequent SMS problems and complicated tariff structure. However there is no other network that permits multiple numbers on one SIM and would have free roaming in US and Australia.

The roaming has changed:

Just looked at roaming in UK and now
    15c/min for landline
    15c/min for mobile
    receiving is now 1c/min

In January 2017 this was
    1c/min Landline
    9c /min Mobile
    Free receiving

Serious percentage price rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Isn't there going to be an EU wide cessation of roaming charges come April or June or some time this year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement