Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

maurice1 wrote: »
    The roaming has changed:....... Serious percentage price rises

I wonder when does the following apply ( from Lyca.ie )

United Kingdom

Low cost calls and texts in the United Kingdom with no roaming charges
    Travelling to the UK and want to continue using your Lycamobile SIM for low-cost calls and texts? No problem - avoid roaming charges with Lycamobile 2 in 1, a new service that allows you to add a UK number to your Lycamobile Ireland SIM.
    To activate your new UK number on your Lycamobile Ireland SIM:
    Dial *140*44#
    Text SUB 44 to 3225 for free and follow the instructions.
    Call customer service on 1923 from your Lycamobile while in Ireland

Once you activate the Lyca 2 in 1 you can enjoy the Ireland's Lycamobile' s cheapest National & International rates while you are roaming in UK

I use Lyca for outgoing calls, Maurice1 sums them up well with :

"I've got used to them, but I wouldn't recommend them to a friend. "

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I read through the comments and I'm still not sure in two things.

Can anyone tell me if you can ring other mobile networks with this bundle or is it just unlimited to landlines?

Are 1850 numbers included as National numbers or just landlines with an Irish area code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

starface wrote: »
    I read through the comments and I'm still not sure in two things.

Can anyone tell me if you can ring other mobile networks with this bundle or is it just unlimited to landlines?

Are 1850 numbers included as National numbers or just landlines with an Irish area code?

Yes all mobile networks are included in the bundle

No (99% sure) 1850 numbers are not included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭homingbird

http://imgur.com/a/rAbrd

Can you use topup vouchers to activate this offer & if so they only sell 5 & 10 euro topup vouchers so would you get the deal as you would be topping up the account twice to get it too 15 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

homingbird wrote: »

Can you use topup vouchers to activate this offer & if so they only sell 5 & 10 euro topup vouchers so would you get the deal as you would be topping up the account twice to get it too 15 euro.
    I don't think that will work

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

No, you have to buy the topup online for €15 in one go to do this deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

FWIW CPW will sell you €20 top up voucher

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unlimited Texts aren't included in the €15 top up by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are others having any​ issues renewing bundles online?Is there any means to auto renew bundles online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are others having any issues renewing bundles online?Is there any means to auto renew bundles online?

Yes there is a auto renewal tick box somewhere. Think it's on the screen you select the bundle from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

cronos wrote: »
    Yes there is a auto renewal tick box somewhere. Think it's on the screen you select the bundle from.

Thanks I managed to top up using Mozilla Firefox,serious issues with topping up via Chrome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

Anyone used the free roaming in the USA and what's it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

xlogo wrote: »
    Anyone used the free roaming in the USA and what's it like?

Family have used it in New York and it worked perfectly. This for voice and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Thinking of switching to Meteor 10€ off deal until end of month comes with 4g. Any way to use credit to buy apps before I change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sneachta wrote: »
    Thinking of switching to Meteor 10€ off deal until end of month comes with 4g. Any way to use credit to buy apps before I change?

No.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Offer on their homepage now saying this offer is €7.50 when you switch to lyca.

30GB 3G data
    Unlimited national calls
    Unlimited national texts

Presumably the discount only applies to the first month but might suit someone who wants to try out the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Does anyone have the Data M data only bundle? If so, how do you find it for speed and stability. I have a dual sim phone with a phone sim package from another provider, which I intend to keep, but keep straying over my monthly data limit. At €9.99 for 20GB of data per month, it is cheaper than by current out of bundle charges. Im thinking of keeping my current sim for calls / texts etc but adding the data only sim for t'internet as my second sim. I've never used Lycamoble, so know very little about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Read through this thread. It's an education on Lycamobile. And then you'll know all about them!

Why not just go with the Lycamobile €15 all in package?
    You could do that after testing the waters with the data only plan for a month or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Does Lyca come with 4G now - I see they are saying that all data is 4G now on their website. Anyone getting it ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Ogham wrote: »
    Does Lyca come with 4G now - I see they are saying that all data is 4G now on their website. Anyone getting it ?

No and I see no mention of 4G anywhere on their website!

bk wrote: »

Same here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

bk wrote:

Probably looking at the UK website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd be surprised as Tesco would be in same boat

bossdrum wrote: »
    bk wrote:

Probably looking at the UK website.
    Sorry - what I saw was on google when searching for Lycamobile 4g - it came up with a couple of results from the Lycamobile.ie site - but it looks like it was just picking up hidden text probably left behind when they copied the pages from the UK site.  Sorry for any confusion.  Thanks
    see  https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=4g+lycamobile+ireland   first couple of results mention 4g - but the actual website doesn't

Where does it say 4G on their website?

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »

Where does it say 4G on their website?
    See my reply above -  I was wrong -

See my reply above -  I was wrong -

Damn you, getting my two young lads hopes up :D:D:D

Although Tesco have some indication that 4G is coming sometime, there is no real timeline plus price of plans may go up. I suspect same is for lyca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What network locked phone will work with this sim card?

Also is it just landline numbers or are mobile calls included?

What network locked phone will work with this sim card?

Also is it just landline numbers or are mobile calls included?

The phone needs to be unlocked or sim-free. If you mean the €15 bundle it is unlimited calls to national mobiles and landlines, unlimited any network texts and 30gb of 3g data. Excellent value if you don't need/want 4g.

• Advertisement

Except for a small warning, I found their speeds slower than Tesco and I couldnt ring or text certain numbers (as in family members, regular phone numbers). Their CS tested and could find no issue but it kept happening intermittently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I was with lyca , no problem with how there deals work etc , but left only reason lack of 4g I'm afraid

castle2012 wrote: »
    I was with lyca , no problem with how there deals work etc , but left only reason lack of 4g I'm afraid

But then you paid more for 4G. Not everyone needs the extra speed of 4G and it is good to have an option where you can save money for a lesser service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can you keep your old phone number with this crowd?

'This crowd' are no different to any other provider so Yes you can port over your number.

So I'm in the process of moving away from Lycamoble to Vodafone.

I've had it automatically renewing my Ireland Plus plan each month. I've been trying to use the *190# to cancel this going forward. But I find the messages it gives back very confusing. I don't know if I have actually canceled or not.

Anyone who has done this familiar with the process of canceling your Lycamobile account. Don't see anywhere on the website that talks about it either. They don't make it easy! Even tried to get talking to Hector a few times on facebook but no response.

It's Pre pay . No need to cancel anything just port to new provider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

cronos wrote: »
    So I'm in the process of moving away from Lycamoble to Vodafone.

I've had it automatically renewing my Ireland Plus plan each month. I've been trying to use the *190# to cancel this going forward. But I find the messages it gives back very confusing. I don't know if I have actually canceled or not.

Anyone who has done this familiar with the process of canceling your Lycamobile account. Don't see anywhere on the website that talks about it either. They don't make it easy! Even tried to get talking to Hector a few times on facebook but no response.

Log into your account,click' view bundle details',then 'view more' then 'view details' (highlighted in green) then 'cancel renewal' (also in green)that should do it

NATLOR wrote: »
    Log into your account,click' view bundle details',then 'view more' then 'view details' (highlighted in green) then 'cancel renewal' (also in green)that should do it

In this scenario instead of Cancel Renewal I see Renew Bundle. I guess that means I already canceled?

Very helpful by the way, that website is impossible to work out. I never saw the 'view more' in the view bundle section, and never would have.

Edit: Just checked and the auto renewal status is indeed turned off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Has anyone had trouble when roaming in the UK with their text messages. I've been in the UK twice recently and my texts won't send. Calls work fine but issue with texts.

Tried changing the number in my contacts also to include 00353 or +353, no joy.

• Advertisement

Had that problem for 3 weeks last August aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnnyblues

Sms Service Centre number for UK +447404000421

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

Sms Service Centre number for UK +447404000421

Thanks so if I update this in my SMS settings while in the UK they should work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭webpal

I'm currently with meteor, do I need to port my number over to avail of their offers or if I just use their sim and top up can I get them that way one I get meteor to unlock my phone?

webpal wrote: »
    I'm currently with meteor, do I need to port my number over to avail of their offers or if I just use their sim and top up can I get them that way one I get meteor to unlock my phone?

No need to port your number till your ready . Simple process when you go to port .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone explain how the Lyca 2 in 1 offer works when travelling to UK? I see it links another UK number to your sim but if you are on the free calls and texts bundle here in Ireland along with the data bundle (€15 deal) are your calls, texts and data usage free in UK or is it at a reduced rate. Also is there a charge for opting in to this 2 in 1 offer?

There is no free data roaming with Lycamobile, yes you will be able to use your calls and texts, that is if you can get the texts to send, however, you will need to purchase a data add-on for roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

Unless its changed since mid Feb 2017,
    "yes you will be able to use your calls and texts"
    but I was charged for calls from UK to :
    UK mobile 9c/minute.
    UK landline 1c/minute
    Dublin Landline 9c/minute.
    Dublin mobile 15c/min

Receiving calls were free

I had the E10 Europe 300 minute plan with plenty of minutes left.
    No charge to join

maurice1 wrote: »
    Unless its changed since mid Feb 2017,
    "yes you will be able to use your calls and texts"
    but I was charged for calls from UK to :
    UK mobile 9c/minute.
    UK landline 1c/minute
    Dublin Landline 9c/minute.
    Dublin mobile 15c/min

Receiving calls were free

I had the E10 Europe 300 minute plan with plenty of minutes left.
    No charge to join

This roaming deal doesn't apply to the Europe 300 plan, it only applies to the plans on this page:

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-sim-card

Confusingly the "Europe" plan isn't really aimed at Irish people roaming in Europe, it is more aimed at people from other European countries living in Ireland who want to phone home (it includes 300 minutes to call Europe from Ireland).

The Ireland Plus plan worked great for me when I was in Northern Ireland a few weeks ago and in the US too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

This offer is a lot less appealing now with Vodafone and Meteor's new offers for a fiver more. Also no messing around with different numbers for roaming which I think is ridiculously annoying.

Advertisement