Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

bk wrote: »
    Month 1: Top-up by €15 - Get 10GB data, Unlimited calls, extra €1.50 credit, keep the €16.50 of credit
    Month 2: Use €15 of the €16.50 of credit from last month to buy the Ireland Plus Bundle, which gives you 30GB data, unlimited calls and texts.
    Month 3: Repeat.

You basically pay just €15 every second month, which works out roughly €7.50 per month.

so you have to avoid using any of the main credit (not bonus credit) to still have the €15 intact.
    Is bonus credit used before actual credit coming from cash top-up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

sat matt wrote: »
    I'm looking for a call oriented plan. The destination breakdown would be something like 50% Irish mobile, 25% Irish landline and the remainder split across UK and Holland

Might be best using the Europe plus for ten euro. 300 minutes to Ireland or any European numbers included and 3gb data

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Two last questions...

Say I was on the €15 topup deal and then bought the €10 Europe Plus bundle. Would my unlimited national calls and 10GB data allowance of the topup deal be superceded by the 300 minutes and 3GB data allowance of the bundle?

I think, but not 100% sure, that it gets added to what you get from topping up.

However note, Europe Plus is NOT for roaming in Europe. It is for people who want to call other people (family, friends) in Europe from Ireland. A lot of people seem to be making this mistake.
    Are Lyca abiding by the EU roaming rules? Will the €15 topup deal work in the Netherlands for example?

They will have to, but nothing announced yet, it doesn't come into effect until mid June anyway. Non of the mobile companies have yet to announce what EU roaming will look like.
    glasso wrote: »
    so you have to avoid using any of the main credit (not bonus credit) to still have the €15 intact.
    Is bonus credit used before actual credit coming from cash top-up?

Yes and from what I've seen, Yes, it first comes out of your bonus credit.

Might not suit everyone, but if you only send a few sms a month (whatsapp, etc. are separate) then it is pretty easy to do IME. However if you make a lot of 1850/1890 calls, etc. then it might not work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭pjq

Another possibility is to top up by €15 using Auto Renewal, 6 months later, cancel €15 top-up and use credit to buy best monthly bundle at that time and set to Auto-Renew for 6 mths. You will get a message if credit runs low.
    ! but beware that the €15- top up rules may change, and eat into your credit!
    PJQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Month 1: Top-up by €15 - Get 10GB data, Unlimited calls, extra €1.50 credit, keep the €16.50 of credit
    Month 2: Use €15 of the €16.50 of credit from last month to buy the Ireland Plus Bundle, which gives you 30GB data, unlimited calls and texts.
    Month 3: Repeat.

You basically pay just €15 every second month, which works out roughly €7.50 per month.

What does unlimited calls include? Just to lycamobile numbers, or to other networks too? Same question for SMS messages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

doxy wrote: »
    What does unlimited calls include? Just to lycamobile numbers, or to other networks too? Same question for SMS messages.

All networks for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Just looking at this for a family member,

The website now has the ireland plus for half price to new signups,

Is there any downside to that as opposed to credit top up + ireland plus 2 month trick?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Just looking at this for a family member,

The website now has the ireland plus for half price to new signups,

Is there any downside to that as opposed to credit top up + ireland plus 2 month trick?

Half price only for the first month. So what you could do:

Month 1: Ireland Plus for €7.50
    Month 2: topup by €15 to get that deal
    Month 3: Buy Ireland Plus from the €15 credit from the last month.
    Month 4: repeat months 2 and 3

Make sure to disable auto-renew.

Thanks, thought that was too good to be true, think i'll just do it the €15 top up first.

She has 3 at the moment, waiting for the addons / credit to to run out.

Im thinkng i just order the payg sim from lyca now, wait until the time is nearly up then request the port.

Sound about right?

edit- i would also like to check the coverage around the place, live rural, can that be done without credit on the sim?

• Advertisement

eeepaulo wrote: »

edit- i would also like to check the coverage around the place, live rural, can that be done without credit on the sim?

Yep just pop the sim in a handset and test it for signal. Can be ported over then when you are ready if signal is ok. For me lycamobile is the only network which gives me full coverage around my house in a rural area. Others work in conservatory or rooms upstairs but none bar lycamobile around my entire home

irishchris wrote: »
    Yep just pop the sim in a handset and test it for signal. Can be ported over then when you are ready if signal is ok. For me lycamobile is the only network which gives me full coverage around my house in a rural area. Others work in conservatory or rooms upstairs but none bar lycamobile around my entire home

Thanks, have a dual sim phone so might take it on walkabout for a week and compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Half price only for the first month. So what you could do:

Month 1: Ireland Plus for €7.50
    Month 2: topup by €15 to get that deal
    Month 3: Buy Ireland Plus from the €15 credit from the last month.
    Month 4: repeat months 2 and 3

Make sure to disable auto-renew.
    Are you sure its for first month only, cant see where it says that?

Holy Duck wrote: »
    Are you sure its for first month only, cant see where it says that?

You right, it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. However that has always been the case, with similar deals from Lyca in the past. You can always try it out and let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hi all , could anyone tell me what is the deal at the minute when roaming using data, I checked there site and it doesn't seem clear , thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

does data work properly for everyone? not speeds, just some websites don't respond ever. examples are spotify.com and speedtest.net

does data work properly for everyone? not speeds, just some websites don't respond ever. examples are spotify.com and speedtest.net

Both work fine for me on Lyca, just tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Maybe it'll work better after a good night's rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

bizarre. neither work for me when SIM is in phone or router, with lyca DNS servers or Google DNS. i tried Saturday and last night. www.spotify.com to be precise. just times out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Some info on the EU data roaming.

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/eu-roaming-is-changing

"The new roaming tariff changes apply to both PAYG (Pay As You Go) and prepaid bundles, which include roaming. [Some of our bundles will no longer include EU roaming]"

So potentially you won't be receiving the full data allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

biebiebie wrote: »
    Some info on the EU data roaming.

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/eu-roaming-is-changing

"The new roaming tariff changes apply to both PAYG (Pay As You Go) and prepaid bundles, which include roaming. [Some of our bundles will no longer include EU roaming]"

So potentially you won't be receiving the full data allowance?

I thought that was illegal.

Anyone know what the best PAYG for data roaming in France is with lycamobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I thought that was illegal.

Look at three. They're doing similar e.g. "non core service" or the like.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Look at three. They're doing similar e.g. "non core service" or the like.

yeah it seems the big companies can just ignore the law and nothing happens.

yeah it seems the big companies can just ignore the law and nothing happens.

They are being investigated by both Comreg and the EU regulators, these things take time.

They are being investigated by both Comreg and the EU regulators, these things take time.

Don't see why it should.take time.
    On the 15th read the law. Read the companies terms and conditions.
    Done.

Inquired about roaming data on lyca page on Facebook. I got a response from hector and he has said is they currently have no roaming data deals available. And I would be charged there standard rate . Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with them I expected more with them been international. Looks like many mobile networks are ignoring the Eu regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

castle2012 wrote: »

Who are they piggy backing off for the 4g? Now I might be interested in switching. Was with them previously when on 3g and their data speeds were terrible

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

physioman wrote: »
    Who are they piggy backing off for the 4g? Now I might be interested in switching. Was with them previously when on 3g and their data speeds were terrible

I wonder is it just false advertising to be honest, my wife is with them months and she has never had 4G to the best of my knowledge anyway, nor did my two lads when they were with them, They both only left last week, I switched them to Virgin media for the €5 deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If it was 4G, there would be much bigger adverts. I wonder is it a mistake from their UK website???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just received my sim card. I have no credit on the card. I thought when I paid the 7.50 that that would cover the 15 euro deal as they said it was half price.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I just received my sim card. I have no credit on the card. I thought when I paid the 7.50 that that would cover the 15 euro deal as they said it was half price.

Why would you have credit thou if you are purchasing a particular plan, the plan is obviously already active on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why would you have credit thou if you are purchasing a particular plan, the plan is obviously already active on your account.

I have no credit on the card. Or even a plan active. It may be because they sent 7 sim cards out to the house for some strange reason.

The 4 g seems to be with there 15 euro plan from what it says on line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I have no credit on the card. Or even a plan active. It may be because they sent 7 sim cards out to the house for some strange reason.

Have you activated the bundle? You need to enter in the code. You can read more here.

What speeds are you getting on the 4g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Has to be a typo - I just joined them yesterday and getting no 4G anywhere on the Ireland Plus €15 deal.

Not a typo but maybe a deliberate ploy to get new customers. They had a similar article on their site last year stating 4g coming soon but never arrived. At bottom of that page now it states 4g too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Not a typo but maybe a deliberate ploy to get new customers. They had a similar article on their site last year stating 4g coming soon but never arrived. At bottom of that page now it states 4g too

Hmm, I don't buy that. There is no lock in (contract), so if they outright lie to get customers under false pretences, users will just leave. It has to be a typo or reusing of marketing material from another region (e.g. UK)

I thought lycamobile let you roam for free.
    I'm told that's a lie now too.

I thought lycamobile let you roam for free.
    I'm told that's a lie now too.

Free call and text roaming in the EU, US and some other countries on certain plans only. Not a lie, I've used it in the UK and US.

Free call and text roaming in the EU, US and some other countries on certain plans only. Not a lie, I've used it in the UK and US.

It's more data roaming im concerned with.

Has to be a typo - I just joined them yesterday and getting no 4G anywhere on the Ireland Plus €15 deal.

What speeds are you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

How's the issue mentioned before of texts not getting through.
    Is this still a problem for users or sorted.

• Advertisement

If it's a deliberate ploy . It's very foolish. Anyone joining will just change back to a different network.

If it's a deliberate ploy . It's very foolish. Anyone joining will just change back to a different network.

Agrees and to be it feels deliberate. As there was an announcement page with 4g coming soon a year ago which never came to fruition but perhaps got them some new business. Would love to see it on horizon but don't feel confident

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maurice1

Just looking at Lyca s roaming notice . Disgraceful they won't honour bundles while roaming , I think this topic should be moved to rip offs

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-within-the-european-union-is-changing

Just looking at Lyca s roaming notice . Disgraceful they won't honour bundles while roaming , I think this topic should be moved to rip offs

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/roaming-within-the-european-union-is-changing

I thought it was illegal not to though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement