Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird Feeders.

Options
  • 01-06-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭

We always feed the small birds, and have (a) peanut, and (b) wild bird seed feeders. This year we are plagued with jackdaws emptying the feeders within an hour.:mad: Is there such a thing as a "jackdaw proof feeder", and if so where could I buy a couple ?
    Failing this, does anyone have any other suggestion ?
    Thanks in advance. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Sounds like you need a bird feeder cage of some description:

contemporary-bird-feeders.jpg

I have made my own cage from a square plastic mesh, easily bought locally, with holes of an adequate size for wanted birds and put over my current feeders to keep the crows at bay. There is no bottom to allow easy access to fill the feeder. I can post pictures later if needed. I had one like the above given to me as a present, but after a number of years the top rusted out so I prefer to used the usual feeders with a plastic top, thus my own plastic cage.

China_Multi_Purpose_Square_Mesh2010113911027.jpg

Advertisement