Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a joke

Options
  • 01-06-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

I lodged a cheque on Monday morning and when I rang to inquire about withdrawing the funds I was told it wouldn't be available until next Tuesday. That's an absolute disgrace tbh and at this stage I'm so sick of BOI that I will be closing my account and moving to another bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

corsav6 wrote: »
    I lodged a cheque on Monday morning and when I rang to inquire about withdrawing the funds I was told it wouldn't be available until next Tuesday. That's an absolute disgrace tbh and at this stage I'm so sick of BOI that I will be closing my account and moving to another bank.
    Good morning corsav6, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving Bank of Ireland. 

Cheque's can take 3 to 5 working days to clear depending on the type of cheque, so with the bank holiday this weekend, that's why your cheque may not clear until Tuesday .

If we can help with anything else please let us know, 

Thanks
    Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

That's what your colleagues told me also. The same type of cheque was lodged into Ulster Bank on a Monday and was available on the Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

corsav6 wrote: »
    That's what your colleagues told me also. The same type of cheque was lodged into Ulster Bank on a Monday and was available on the Wednesday.
    Hi corsav, 

When the cheque is not from the account holding bank it will take the full 5 working days. So say for example if a BOI cheque was lodged to a BOI account it will usually clear within 3-5 working days. An Ulster Bank cheque lodged however, to a BOI account will take the full 5 working days though.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience but we are unable to expedite this process. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement