Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I tell if I even have a line installed at my new house?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

OK, I'm kind of lost as to who to even contact about this, so thanks in advance.

I'm moving into a rural house, which used to be a single-family dwelling but has been split into a duplex. Some of the utilities seem to be shared (power) but the rest don't (there's a hookup for separate satellite dishes).  The last tenant was in it for something like 8 years but passed away (hence the vacancy) so I'm not able to ask him any questions and the landlord doesn't seem to be able to answer some of my questions, since he's been a very hands-off landlord for almost a decade.

So: how can I tell whether I have a phone line installed at my new house?  I mean from the road to the house, because I can't find a phone jack inside the house; I can find a coax hookup for the cable/satellite install, and above that at chest height there are some loose wires emerging from the wall that might maybe be old phone line, or could just be another weird feature of the house.

I have the address available, including the Eircode which identifies the house entire (the two units share it).

And if there is not a phone line installed, how do I go about getting it installed; how much would it cost; and would I be locked into an account with Eir?

Thanks again for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

satyrios wrote: »
    OK, I'm kind of lost as to who to even contact about this, so thanks in advance.

I'm moving into a rural house, which used to be a single-family dwelling but has been split into a duplex. Some of the utilities seem to be shared (power) but the rest don't (there's a hookup for separate satellite dishes).  The last tenant was in it for something like 8 years but passed away (hence the vacancy) so I'm not able to ask him any questions and the landlord doesn't seem to be able to answer some of my questions, since he's been a very hands-off landlord for almost a decade.

So: how can I tell whether I have a phone line installed at my new house?  I mean from the road to the house, because I can't find a phone jack inside the house; I can find a coax hookup for the cable/satellite install, and above that at chest height there are some loose wires emerging from the wall that might maybe be old phone line, or could just be another weird feature of the house.

I have the address available, including the Eircode which identifies the house entire (the two units share it).

And if there is not a phone line installed, how do I go about getting it installed; how much would it cost; and would I be locked into an account with Eir?

Thanks again for your help!
    Hi  satyrios,

Thanks for getting in touch :)
    If there is no visible master socket a new line installation would be required.
    There would be no installation costs but a contract will apply.

Our sales team will be more than happy to explore you options with you. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online on https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/;
    You can view view the bundles available here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

-Pamela 

Advertisement