Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Friendly Pub/restaurant in Wicklow??

• 01-06-2016 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

My husband and I are going to go down to Glendalough over the weekend with our little dog. Does anyone know of a pub/restaurant that will allow dogs indoors? than you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

ClubDead wrote: »
    My husband and I are going to go down to Glendalough over the weekend with our little dog. Does anyone know of a pub/restaurant that will allow dogs indoors? than you :)

unfortunately most places wont allow dogs inside (especially if serving food) but lots of the pubs have seating outside OP and looks like we will have nice weather! :D

these may help...

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g551595-d1099217-r296304297-The_Wicklow_Heather_Restaurant-Laragh_Vale_of_Glendalough_County_Wicklow.html

http://www.yelp.ie/search?find_desc=dog+friendly+restaurants&find_loc=Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Glenmalure Lodge is also an option with plenty of outdoor seating. I have seen dogs in the bar, indeed there is a 'house dog' who sometimes wanders in there when it's quiet, but it can get very busy inside and out on a sunny summers day so could be problematic.

As mentioned above the Wicklow Heather has a covered outdoor seating area, but again if it's sunny that'll fill up pretty quickly and again it can also get extremely busy in the evenings.

The Glendalough Hotel has outdoor seating too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Thanks guys, I only realised after posting that the weather is going to be good so outside should be fine. I rang the Wicklow Heather to make sure they don't mind dogs sitting outside and they have no problem with that :D Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No problem! It's a great restaurant, very good value for money. Arrive hungry though, the portions are mahoosive :)

If it's sunny, Glendalough itself will be heaving too, so arrive early if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

Alun wrote: »
    No problem! It's a great restaurant, very good value for money. Arrive hungry though, the portions are mahoosive :)

If it's sunny, Glendalough itself will be heaving too, so arrive early if possible.

I'm sure my fur baby will have no problems helping me out with leftovers :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement