Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Rustic Baguette discontinued?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Lidl rustic baguettes - not the best out there but very good for the money & much nicer than those cuisine de France style ones. Over the past week or so they seem to have disappeared - I've checked several branches with no luck. There's not even a shelf sign for them. Anyway I tweeted lidl yesterday and they're investigating - will post here when I get a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

They used to do nice diamond shaped rolls aswell which mysteriously disappeared and haven't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

aidan24326 wrote: »
    They used to do nice diamond shaped rolls aswell which mysteriously disappeared and haven't come back.

They've launched cheese twists and goats cheese focaccia. Normally a new product means the loss of another as there are only so many display points on the bakery shelving. (Same thing happened to the much missed sourdoughs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

BuffyBot wrote: »
    They've launched cheese twists and goats cheese focaccia.

Just what we need more cheese! Irish supermarkets seem to be on a mission to make us fatter :)

Anyway Lidl have confirmed the demise of the rustic baguette:

35jjod2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

I only went to Lidl for their Gorgonzola. Aldi started stocking it though. Not as nice but it will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

aidan24326 wrote: »

The gouda rolls???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First they took away our sourdough, now this? I don't want to live in such a world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I think the Gouda rolls are still there, but they did some other similarly shaped rustic rolls with seeds on them that were quite nice too, I think that's what he means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I have to say though, those goats cheese & tomato focaccia are awesome. I'm not normally a bread fan but I'd easily put a few of them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Kovu wrote: »
    I have to say though, those goats cheese & tomato focaccia are awesome. I'm not normally a bread fan but I'd easily put a few of them away.

Didn't think much of them myself. I tried one when I saw them first, and didn't bother finishing it!

Advertisement