Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job advertised as CID

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Have just seen a job on education posts and in the status of post section it says "Contract of Indefinite Duration (full time)." What does this mean? My understanding was that a CID could only be offered after completion of two years. Could they offer an automatic CID? It is a re-advertised position so would that be why? The school has other jobs advertised as "fixed-term" or "RPT."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Have just seen a job on education posts and in the status of post section it says "Contract of Indefinite Duration (full time)." What does this mean? My understanding was that a CID could only be offered after completion of two years. Could they offer an automatic CID? It is a re-advertised position so would that be why? The school has other jobs advertised as "fixed-term" or "RPT."

I think they are letting people know that someone in the school is due a Cid but they have to interview! Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I think they are letting people know that someone in the school is due a Cid but they have to interview! Maybe.

Ypu can offer a CID on day one if you like, tge max is 4 years under law but less under the ward report.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Red Shoes

That was my thought too Gebgbegb as it is a readvertised post.

That would be amazing if actually happening man_no_plan. Do you think it's likely?

Think I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Ypu can offer a CID on day one if you like, tge max is 4 years under law but less under the ward report.

This - they can offer a CID at any stage they like.

Advertisement