Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

Any deals for a good Chromebook out there? Budget of up to €300!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

If you can add a bit more to it the Acer Chromebook 13 is €360 in PC World http://www.currys.ie/Product/acer-chromebook-13-black/335192/401.0.2
    cson wrote: »
    Any deals for a good Chromebook out there? Budget of up to €300!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

For that money I'd get the Toshiba Chromebook with the full HD screen (4gb of ram) have one myself great little machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Samsung Chromebook is one of the lightest Chromebooks with a good keyboard and nice size.

The Samsung Chromebook 3 can be purchased (via the US as it is not on sale in the EU) via ebay for 212.99 USD.

I'm using the Acer Chromebook R11 , I got it at Argos on Sunday , this is the one

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7459719/Trail/searchtext%3ECHROMEBOOK.htm

I needed something smaller and lighter than the MAC, screen isn't fantastic but more than good enough for what I wanted it for and that is to be able to type on the go, tablets are crap to type on and are a pain in your hand after a while.

I was thinking about the Ipad Pro 10.1 inch, very expensive then the keyboard is another 150 Euro's, no thanks. 9.7 inch normal Ipad, nice and all that but problem is keyboard, either way the after market keyboards for tablets are crap.

This Acer R11 , dual core celeron isn't fast but it does the job, I can watch Netflix, type until my fingers fall off and browse the web and it's not that slow, I was surprised.

It can be used in tent mode, normal laptop or tablet mode. I really like it. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like using a MAC, but for 360 Euro's it does what I want just fine.

BTW, it's an 11.1 inch, which is exactly what I was after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement