If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55UF860V - Price Match?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭

Afternoon guys.

Local Harvey Norman have the above set in their "sale" for €999, but will do it for €949. Any chance of a price match?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Soarer.

Thanks for getting in touch.

To be honest that seems like a very good price.

Is this for their display unit or a brand new boxed one?

It seems they also only offer a 1 year warranty on their TV's where as we offer our free VIP 6 year guarantee on this screen and most others.

I had a check and don't seem to see this model listed on their website any longer.

For ourselves the LG 55UF860 is now an instore only purchase on the UK site and it is no longer listed on the .ie site as this model is due to finish very very soon withless than 10 left between all our stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Alright Kenny, the form?

Yeah tis a good price alright. Only saw it while ago with a big €999 sticker on it. Nothing about a display model and year man never mentioned it.
    It has everything I'm looking for (55", 4K, Passive 3D) and is less than €1000.

Pity it's in store only with yourselves, as yere starting price isn't too far off the Harvey's price.

Any other options?

What about the LG 55UF950V?

Available in Harvey's for €1399

Soarer wrote: »
    What about the LG 55UF950V?

Available in Harvey's for €1399
    Hi Soarer.

Unfortunately the 55UF950 is now finished with ourselves with no more stock available.

Again on this one they only offer the standard 1 year warranty. Their 4 year cover costs over 800 Euro where we give our customers a free VIP 6 year guarantee.

In order for us to price beat we must have a like for like deal which would have to included a 5 or 6 year warranty.
    Price beat terms and conditions:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Thanks for that reply Kenny. 

TBH, it's gonna be very hard to get ye to price match anything as nobody offers a 6 year guarantee. 

Have ye anything that compares to the 950 for similar money? I'm doing my best to get ye a sale here. Harvey's is right next door to my work and it'd be the simplest thing in the world to buy from them. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer,

I'll send ya a PM with a couple of LG options ;)

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for that reply Kenny. 

TBH, it's gonna be very hard to get ye to price match anything as nobody offers a 6 year guarantee. 

Have ye anything that compares to the 950 for similar money? I'm doing my best to get ye a sale here. Harvey's is right next door to my work and it'd be the simplest thing in the world to buy from them. 
    Hey Soarer.

I fully understand what you mean but unfortunately I am tied by our price beat policy.

The problem with the TV's you are looking me to price against are priced at such great pricing as they are now discontinued and have been replaced by this year models.
    Most if not all out our clearance screens have been listed in several thread on our boards page over the last two weeks and flew out the door.

Perhaps the NEW LG 55UH661 might suit coming in at 1349.99 Euro, inc delivery and our 6 year.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201994-55uh661v.aspx

Or if you moved away from LG you could look at the Pansonic 58DX700 coming in at 1369.99 Euro, inc delivery and 6 year.
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201923-viera-tx58dx700b.aspx

Obviously I would not like you to go else were for your purchase and we always try our best for boardies

Cheers lads.

@ John: Look forward to reading that!

@ Kenny: I know ye always try yere best. The heat was getting to me yesterday! ;-)
    As for those two options, don't think they'd suit. The legs are too far apart for my tv stand I'd say, and I don't want to be dropping another few hundred euro on another one of them when I have a 3D/4K media player to purchase yet!

Cheers lads.

@ John: Look forward to reading that!

@ Kenny: I know ye always try yere best. The heat was getting to me yesterday! ;-)
    As for those two options, don't think they'd suit. The legs are too far apart for my tv stand I'd say, and I don't want to be dropping another few hundred euro on another one of them when I have a 3D/4K media player to purchase yet!
    No worries Soarer.

Lets see what John has to offer you :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.