Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this method of advertising ok?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I've recently started a new business in Galway. I expect students to be one of our main customers. I was wondering, in September when the majority of them are back in college would it be ok for me to leave flyers/coupons around the campus? Not just on notice boards but on tables in the canteen area?

Also just to be clear, what I am advertising wouldnt be in competition with any of the businesses on campus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Yes some might consider it litter. Others might consider a coupon to be a money saver. But I guess this isn't what my original question was about.

Is it ok for me to leave coupons/leaflets on the campus canteens tables and on notice boards without permission? Or would I need to go through someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Bugatti wrote: »
    Yes some might consider it litter. Others might consider a coupon to be a money saver. But I guess this isn't what my original question was about.

Is it ok for me to leave coupons/leaflets on the campus canteens tables and on notice boards without permission? Or would I need to go through someone?

Contact the Student Union, they have advert boards and facebook, twitter etc pages they can let you post on, its free as its good for the students.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This isn't really a business question or one that anyone here is likely to know the exact answer to. Simply contact the college or the Student Union and you will find out what they allow or don't.

There is also the Third Level Education Forum where you might get an answer.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement