Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid breaks €13.6k lego statue an hour after unveiling

Options
  • 01-06-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

http://mashable.com/2016/06/01/lego-sculpture-destroyed-china/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-asia-link#mOPvKiABz8qZ

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F102579%2F3bb2a0b09a3447f28e7b2f6e7971c5c0.jpg

At a Lego expo in China, a little boy broke a lego figure of Zootopia's Nick by pushing it over less than an hour after the exhibit opened. The statue was worth 100,000 Yuan or just over €13,600 euro.

Thankfully MiniMe has never broken anything in a shop yet, but he did go on a rampage in the house with permanent marker on several walls, both sofa's several doors, brand new duvet cover, and my shoes :(

A relatives junior infants child was so proud of learning to write her name, she etched it into the paintwork of their new car. On all but one panel.

So, what's the most expensive thing your kid(s) have destroyed on you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

10 month old spewed on my MacBook Air!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Concrete Built is Better Built

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Had the laptop plugged into the TV the night before, come down the next morning to find junior using it as a podium for their morning cartoon sing-along...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Toddler puked all over my iPhone. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Wii remote threw the tv and smashed the cooker door with his foot. Five kids and these two were by the one child. Mini godzilla he is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

He threw a TV? Yikes!

Mine are just clothes really. Reflux destroyed some of my clothes.

Oh, and my feet grew a whole length size while pregnant. That hurt, i used to like my shoes. I live in flip flops, wellies and one pair of work shoes still. Can't bring myself to replace them yet, just in case they shrink?

I better set up a running tab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Not my kid, but some years ago I parked up outside a shop beside a brand spanking new Mercedes 4wd. It's 3yr old occupant was gaily decorating the cream leather interior with a sharpie 😨 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My darling little 2 year old girl put a sweeping brush through our 51 inch plasma tv. The same girl poured a tub of yoghurt over the laptop a few weeks later, not to mention throwing an android tablet on the floor and breaking the screen and throwing her mothers phone into the bin never to be seen again.

Methinks she's a budding luddite :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Can't post a link because of the bad words filter, but if you search for sh1t my kids ruined, you'll find a Tumblr blog with lots of examples

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

One of my cousin's twins (they are indistinguishable little menaces) when two or three started family Volvo and crashed it into the side of the house. He destroyed a bicycle and a water pump for underfloor heating in the process. The same two darlings also went with black marker all around the outside of the house.

Ours cracked couple of iPad and phone screens. Son also got hold of one of work laptops and pulled out most of the keys on the keypad. I don't think that laptop ever worked properly after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement