Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flye Fit registration quiry?.

• 01-06-2016 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if any of you guys using FF might know the answer to this one.

I've tried to register online, got through all five pages but then it needs me to register a bank card.

Usually that wouldn't be a big deal, but I don't carry my bank card 24/7 ~ however I carry my work ID with me (name etc is contained in the megnetic strip), but there's no option to select this.

I've emailed FF twice regarding the matter but just got an automated email back directing me to the FAQ page ~ zero help.

I've called into Coolock also, rang the bell and got no assistance there either.

Anyone have any similar problems?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You just need to fill in the bank card number, no other details, right? The magnetic strip just sends that number to the scanner, so you just need to find out what the number on your work id is and enter that, I think.

It might be printed on it? Otherwise you might need to check with your work security people and see if they can tell you what the card number is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm going down to Tescos to register with one for one of their cards. I just checked my daughters and it has the required number of digits.

I was reluctant to use my work ID too as I'm a member of the defense forces.

I'll see how I get on with the Tescos card and report back in case others experience similar difficulties.

Ok done and dusted.

A hint.. If you want a speedy reply from FF use twitter ~ don't bother emailing them.

If you don't want to use a bankcard (for whatever reason) then any store loyalty cards, Costa Coffee cards etc will work (I used Costa Coffee).

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ok done and dusted.

A hint.. If you want a speedy reply from FF use twitter ~ don't bother emailing them.

If you don't want to use a bankcard (for whatever reason) then any store loyalty cards, Costa Coffee cards etc will work (I used Costa Coffee).

You'd think they'd splash out and issue their own cards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

ted1 wrote: »
    You'd think they'd splash out and issue their own cards

Not cost effective. People leave. People lose them. You have to request and issue them, more admin. All cost money. All means that cheap gym everyone loves becomes less cheap.

• Advertisement

I much prefer being able to register my own card. Wonderful aspect of their self-service approach. And in fairness, Makikomi is a total freak for not carrying a card all the time.

Zillah wrote: »
    And in fairness, Makikomi is a total freak for not carrying a card all the time.

I'm just a freak :o

In fairness, I'm on the go all the time and don't always have a wallet with me to carry cards etc ~ I've always got my work ID (I'm in the defense forces) but it doesn't have a 12 digit number on it.

And now with my Costa Coffee/FlyeFit membership card I'm reminded that there's a Costa Coffee close by the gym ~ happy days :D

I spoke to a few people in the place who found the registration process a pain, but hey if it keeps the prices down I don't mind it one bit.

Oh, those turn stiles ain't for big lads!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The handy thing with Raw is I have my fingerprints with me at all times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Oh, those turn stiles ain't for big lads!.

TRUE THAT!

Just an update ~ I'm finding the place brilliant, absolutely fantastic and with it being open 24/7 is doesn't really have the very packed peak times which other gyms have.

My only gripe, and its driving me nuts ~ is the fooking turn stiles and swipe card/swipe in system which rarely works first time (or even sometimes third or fourth time).

Its very frustrating and doesn't make the gym any easier to use, and that really is my only gripe.

The stiles are tiny (as I said above) and I've seen some very big people suffer the embarrassment of not fitting through, I really don't think this is good enough.

Because of the small size of the stiles if I'm coming from Judo I had to use a smaller bag than my Judo club/gym bag simply because I can't fit through the stiles with the larger bag. Its annoying.

But over all, I really can't fault the place.

• Advertisement

Put the card in and whip it up and down a few times. Pff, noobs.

Zillah wrote: »
    Put the card in and whip it up and down a few times. Pff, noobs.

You've more patience than I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Ok done and dusted.

Could a library card be used for gaining access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just an update ~ I'm finding the place brilliant, absolutely fantastic and with it being open 24/7 is doesn't really have the very packed peak times which other gyms have.

My only gripe, and its driving me nuts ~ is the fooking turn stiles and swipe card/swipe in system which rarely works first time (or even sometimes third or fourth time).

Its very frustrating and doesn't make the gym any easier to use, and that really is my only gripe.

The stiles are tiny (as I said above) and I've seen some very big people suffer the embarrassment of not fitting through, I really don't think this is good enough.

Because of the small size of the stiles if I'm coming from Judo I had to use a smaller bag than my Judo club/gym bag simply because I can't fit through the stiles with the larger bag. Its annoying.

But over all, I really can't fault the place.

Was it the Swords gym you joined. Thinking of joining this one myself. Also could anyone offer feedback on the flyride classes as been a cyclist these would be my main reason for joining

billyhead wrote: »
    Was it the Swords gym you joined. Thinking of joining this one myself. Also could anyone offer feedback on the flyride classes as been a cyclist these would be my main reason for joining

Malahide Road.

Hey despite my annoyance at the swipe in system its a fantastic gym, I'm loving training there.

Don't know a whole lot about Swords, my son trains there and I paid it a visit a few times. I think Malahide Road/Coolock is bigger ~ or at least it feels that way.

Advertisement