Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLR Lexicon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

How are staff to cope with your feelings? The facility is being heavily used by people you don't like, they're unlikely to be there in a few weeks time.

This is like an old farts thread giving out about the young people, wasn't like that in my day......

From the sound of it some of the people on here would prefer if the place was virtually empty.

You could usefully correct this if you wish.

I never said anything adverse about the people in the Lexicon. You have said that the facility is being heavily used by people I don't like which is something that I never said. It is also something that I don't think either. So, you need not ascribe such an opinion to me.

In fact, I made it perfectly clear that I had no objection to the presence of the students but you must have missed that bit.

Where I do have complaint is that there seemed to be a lack of order. For example, I saw a lady who had reserved a PC having to shunt students out of the way to actually get at the PC. The PC was clearly marked as not being a study desk but it had been appopriated for that purpose anyhow. That just should not arise.

Maybe the layout of the Lexicon contributes to the situation ?

At a much smaller scale, Deansgrange library is perfect. All the adult PCs are lined across the back wall in a clearly separated area and I have never seen any conflict between users including students doing exam prep.

Out of curiosity, do you know offhand if my Local Property Tax contributes towards running the library ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

UrbanFox wrote: »
    SNIP... Out of curiosity, do you know offhand if my Local Property Tax contributes towards running the library ?

I think that it does. Maybe that gives you more locus standi on the argument :)

Advertisement