Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had an adjudication hearing in WRC?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

It's a redundancy hearing.
    I really don't know what to expect. I phoned them (WRC)yesterday looking for a few pointers but they said they couldn't tell me anything.
    Has anyone been through this? I'm going in there on my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I've a date in the next few weeks, how long did you have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Submitted my application to WRC in Feb, for June date. Employer have stonewalled me for 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Submitted my application to WRC in Feb, for June date. Employer have stonewalled me for 9 months.

That's quite aspirational. I lodged mine in May 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

I really don't know what to expect. I phoned them (WRC)yesterday looking for a few pointers but they said they couldn't tell me anything.

You need to have a submission, basically a written account of your side of the story.
    It doesn't have to be fancy.
    " I started work in Beechwood Hardware on Main St Ballydung in January 2010. I worked 39 hours a week over 5 days.
    I worked continuously without a break until 17 October 2015 when my employer Dermot Ryan informed me that I would be finishing on Friday 24 October as they no longer had a job for me.
    I asked him about a redundancy and he informed me that he didn't have sufficient funds.
    I have attempted to contact Mr Ryan by phone and by letter on many occasions since ( if you have evidence or even record of attempts to contact the boss then produce it here) but have had no reply .
    I have calculated that I am entitled to € 1 million ( only joking ) redundancy and €xxx payment in lieu of notice and 5 days annual leave"
    You should have 5 copies of this submission.
    Don't bother putting any "emotional" descriptions " I was devastated" " I felt very disappointed " just stick to the facts and bring any evidence P60s payslips P 45 etc.

Thanks Woking... That is v helpful. In my particular case, I never received notification that I was being let go. I was just... Let go.

• Advertisement

If you go to your local CIC someone there may be in a position to help you with your submission , type it up and copy it, give you advice, and may even go with you, but not if you leave it to the last minute.

Thanks Woking... That is v helpful. In my particular case, I never received notification that I was being let go. I was just... Let go.

Well you would write then" I arrived as usual on 17 October to be told that I was no longer required" if that's what happened.
    Remember, stick to the facts only. No embellishing "... he was very rude ...he pushed me out the door..."

You will be glad when you get there that you have it written down in front of you. Make sure your dates and time periods ( "I worked there from Jan 2010 to October 2015") are correct as you can manage. Having P60s and payslips is evidence.

The 5 copies are 3 for the Riggts Commissioners, 1 for you, 1 for your former employer

Brilliant Woking. Thank you. Done up my statement. I'm going solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Woking's got you covered here, best of luck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

how long where you in the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi.
    Lodged complain at the start of December. The hearing took place in the middle of May. Contacted WRC there times by now, was told the decision might take up to 8 weeks. Which is today and still nothing. The adjudication did not go well for me since the judge was not even interested in what I had to say, don't think hehad a read over my complaint prior to hearing either.
    Not sure what to expect. It's been 8 months with 0 info back. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GoogleON247

Hi.
    Lodged complain at the start of December. The hearing took place in the middle of May. Contacted WRC there times by now, was told the decision might take up to 8 weeks. Which is today and still nothing. The adjudication did not go well for me since the judge was not even interested in what I had to say, don't think hehad a read over my complaint prior to hearing either.
    Not sure what to expect. It's been 8 months with 0 info back. Thanks

Advertisement