Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inspire me (nicest cycling jersey ever...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Beasty wrote: »
    Must take a photo of my "wardrobe" and post it up here (anyone who has raced against me this year will have seen examples.....)

:pac:

Some classics in there :D

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    What's your fav irish club jersey?

Quite like the Tiernans one, has a classic look and the colours work well..although I am color blind..maybe it's hideous :)

No. You are correct. It is the coolest jersey :-)

27418388845_8747178e83_z.jpg

More proof here

Although the STCC Black Winter Jersey comes a close second.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

daragh_ wrote: »
    No. You are correct. It is the coolest jersey :-)

27418388845_8747178e83_z.jpg

More proof here

Although the STCC Black Winter Jersey comes a close second.
    oh no !!
    Its like that jersey they had for the Sean Kelly tour of waterford a couple of years back......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    oh no !!
    Its like that jersey they had for the Sean Kelly tour of waterford a couple of years back......

I'm Outraged! Pistols at Dawn :P

Surprised nobody has posted this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Tiernans jersey is sweet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The old wool ones are awesome, Molteni wins the thread imho, so I will repost the pic above :)

387537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Every time I look at this jersey it reads in my head:

387644.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

daragh_ wrote: »
    Some classics in there :D
    OK, here goes. Part of the "collection"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i see you got chris eubank to sign one of those jerseys. an odd choice?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is that the one signed by Chris Froome, or Dan Martin, or the TdF rider number signed by Sam Bennett?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

never mind me, poor attempt at humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

never mind me, poor attempt at humour.
    That's little different from my photos and reply to your post....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i like the madison genesis jersey that martyn irvine wore, saw someone wearing one recently up near sally gap

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/01e340b54ddf4d9e9d68124f5198d4f0/bergen-norway-27th-may-2015-irish-professional-cyclist-martyn-irvine-er5781.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Is that the one signed by Chris Froome

I think I'd prefer one signed by Eubank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

OK, here goes. Part of the "collection"
    I've a similarly sized collection of rugby jerseys and my friends say that I have a problem!

Sweet collection though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

What's your fav irish club jersey?
    Reservoir Cogs (best name too). I nearly joined them just for the jersey, even though I'd have to do the gaps to go on spins with them! I saw on the Reservoir Dog thread for last year had requests for a jersey - it's penciled in anyway, but if I did it, that's one jersey I would go for!

I have a few retro jersey's, some from dubious sources/ knock off's. My team Z seems to be my go to jersey. I just about remember watching the 80's tours, but was really around 1990 I really got into it. (PDM is my favourite Kelly jersey too, from that era). Carrera is my real wish list item - regret not pulling the trigger on it when Prendas had it, but then it would be too big for me now. Have to settle for the casquette for the time being.

Finger has hovered on a US Postal one a few times - too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

HnsB17.jpg

How about this jersey ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Thud wrote: »
    not sure I could ever look that cool in it...obviously doing some calcoolations in his head at the time

seankelly1.jpg

This jersey is the reason all of my gear is Castelli. I'm still bitter I got a 7 Eleven jersey for birthday instead of a green TdF jersey I asked for. 27 years later the pain still burns.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I really like the Canyon/Sram womens jersey.

zFgNlg7l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

greenspurs wrote: »
    HnsB17.jpg

How about this jersey ?
    me like cookies!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Summit Different have this Rubik's Cube one, and they also stock my favourite from my collection

Rubik-s-Cube-Cycle-Jersey60_grande.jpg?v=1439293877

Hanging-On_2_grande.jpg?v=1439294016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

A few old ones here, some good jerseys as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Reservoir Cogs (best name too). I nearly joined them just for the jersey, even though I'd have to do the gaps to go on spins with them! I saw on the Reservoir Dog thread for last year had requests for a jersey - it's penciled in anyway, but if I did it, that's one jersey I would go for!

I have a few retro jersey's, some from dubious sources/ knock off's. My team Z seems to be my go to jersey. I just about remember watching the 80's tours, but was really around 1990 I really got into it. (PDM is my favourite Kelly jersey too, from that era). Carrera is my real wish list item - regret not pulling the trigger on it when Prendas had it, but then it would be too big for me now. Have to settle for the casquette for the time being.

Finger has hovered on a US Postal one a few times - too soon?
    Cheers Macey0161. Glad you like our Jersey. Our kit design has been updated this year but still retains the same 'look'. Here are a couple of photos of the Cogs on tour recently. You are more than welcome to join. Another kit order will be made in the next few months. We cater for all abilities so even though we spend plenty of time in the hills we alternate with club spins on the flat too! BTW I see you were interested in the Reservoir Dog Sportive. Keep an eye out as we are about to launch this years event online. Just waiting for our registration URL. This year the Reservoir Dog is on September 4th. Same lovely routes ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

I saw lads on a sportive wearing a jersey that was inspired by the Euro 88 soccer jersey. Looked great I thought. I think it might have just been a group of lads rather than a club. Anyone know more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

1 or 2
    (I'm not going to please everyone, cant go for horizontal stripes ("they make us look fat"), cant go for white body ("it make us look fat and you'll see our nipples")
    it'll be jazzed up with logos and text etc.
    5yru6a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

What's your fav irish club jersey?....
    De Ronde van Cork and Graduates CC ...(and of course McNally Swords CC).

Worst has to be Audax Ireland - a jersey with absolutely no redeeming features. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

1 or 2
    (I'm not going to please everyone, cant go for horizontal stripes ("they make us look fat"), cant go for white body ("it make us look fat and you'll see our nipples")
    it'll be jazzed up with logos and text etc.
    [IM]http://oi64.tinypic.com/5yru6a.jpg[/IMG]

Definitely 1. 2 is a GAA jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

I like this. If you're using the national colours, maybe go for a deep forest green with the name in a sparkling pale orange, rather than the exact flag colours? Or is dark green dangerous for a cycling jersey, because it acts as camouflage when cycling on country roads?

392444.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Definitely 1. 2 is a GAA jersey.

Ugh 1 is too similar to "live strong" imo. I vote for the Mayo jersey.

Advertisement