Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I repeat the leaving cert and pick up LCVP?

Options
  • 01-06-2016 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

If i were to repeat the leaving, could i pick up lcvp having not done it in 5th year? The way is stands now is, it is extremely hard to get points and i want to go back next year and pick up ag science and LCVP. Would I be allowed to do LCVP? would i get 2 years work done in 1 year? I plan on dropping french and you need a language as a requirement to do lcvp, If i pass french on this years leaving cert, could i drop it next year and pick up lcvp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Easy enough to get the work done in 2 years (though a lot of the group work may have been completed such as a mini company, factory visit, etc ) ....technically you are NOT allowed as it is a 2 year programme and it would be a strict rule. It is done in schools though, the system is too big to monitor everyone who is enrolled so it will depend on whether the LC teacher is willing to try and get you through. I wouldn't say its a widespread practice but it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jkeaney

For me, most of our LCVP work was done this year (5th year) and to be honest it depends on your school. You will need to catch up on things like finishing your portfolio [cv, action project, guest speaker, career investigation etc) and they took us a while to do and write up. so theres a lot of preparation needed. But i do find LCVP is easy enough if you keep on top of your work, you'll need to find time to do work experience (for cv) too so it may be hard to find time for that in 6th year

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jamesoo

skippy1977 wrote: »
    Easy enough to get the work done in 2 years (though a lot of the group work may have been completed such as a mini company, factory visit, etc ) ....technically you are NOT allowed as it is a 2 year programme and it would be a strict rule. It is done in schools though, the system is too big to monitor everyone who is enrolled so it will depend on whether the LC teacher is willing to try and get you through. I wouldn't say its a widespread practice but it does happen.

thanks! i hope my school lets me do it, im depending on it

jkeaney wrote: »
    For me, most of our LCVP work was done this year (5th year) and to be honest it depends on your school. You will need to catch up on things like finishing your portfolio [cv, action project, guest speaker, career investigation etc) and they took us a while to do and write up. so theres a lot of preparation needed. But i do find LCVP is easy enough if you keep on top of your work, you'll need to find time to do work experience (for cv) too so it may be hard to find time for that in 6th year

thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jamesoo wrote: »
    thanks! i hope my school lets me do it, im depending on it

Does your school already do the LCVP?
    Will you have the correct subject combination?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Does your school already do the LCVP?
    Will you have the correct subject combination?

yes my school does it, at the minute my subjects are english[h] irish [o] maths[o] french [o] biology [h] construction [h] engineering [h] , i think i have the correct subject combination

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jamesoo wrote: »
    yes my school does it, at the minute my subjects are english[h] irish [o] maths[o] french [o] biology [h] construction [h] engineering [h] , i think i have the correct subject combination

It should be OK then.

Advertisement