Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Contract Duration

Options
  • 01-06-2016 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, I am moving into a rented house next week and have been looking at my broadband options.

The minimum contract you guys seem to offer for broadband only is 18 months - which is fine except that my contract on the property is for 12 months after which I will quite likely be moving out.

Do I have any other options in terms of contract duration or do I have to look at an alternative broadband supplier?

Would rather stick with Eircom if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Make21 wrote: »
    Hi, I am moving into a rented house next week and have been looking at my broadband options.

The minimum contract you guys seem to offer for broadband only is 18 months - which is fine except that my contract on the property is for 12 months after which I will quite likely be moving out.

Do I have any other options in terms of contract duration or do I have to look at an alternative broadband supplier?

Would rather stick with Eircom if possible.
    Hi Make21,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is no 12 month contract option for broadband i'm afraid howver if you do wish to move after 12 months you can also move your service with you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

Thanks for the fast reply Pamela!

Good to know that the service can be moved to another premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Bear in mind if you move before the contract expires, eir will make you sign a new 18 month contract for your new premises, i.e. you cannot carry over your 6 month's remaining contract if you move after 12 months of an 18 month contract.
    Your other option is to break the contract when you move and pay the penalty.

No problem  Make21 :)

-Pamela 

Brandaan wrote: »

Bear in mind if you move before the contract expires, eir will make you sign a new 18 month contract for your new premises, i.e. you cannot carry over your 6 month's remaining contract if you move after 12 months of an 18 month contract.
    Your other option is to break the contract when you move and pay the penalty.
    Thanks Brandaan.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement